Gaming What Next Gen System will you be buying this fall?

What Next Gen System will you buy?

• Total voters

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
Just wondering?

I for one thought that Micro$oft shat the bed at E3, I made my decision right then. I'm aware that they went back on EVERY single one of the shatty policies since then, but that just shows that they are willing to change things on a whim. Which to me means that a year after release they could easily re-instate the no used game policy or any other terrible policies that they announced at E3. (Like the Kinect ALWAYS listening to you, no thanks, I'd rather not give the NSA a direct camera in my living room)

So if you haven't realized already, Im buying a Playstation 4. Jumping Ship on Xbox, whos with me?
(im guessing no one, every other halo forum is filled with Micro$oft fanboys, is this one any different?)

Reactions: IroKnee

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
So if you haven't realized already, Im buying a Playstation 4. Jumping Ship on Xbox, whos with me?
(im guessing no one, every other halo forum is filled with Micro$oft fanboys, is this one any different?)

I'm not leaving the Xbox. But not because I'm a Microsoft fanboy. It's because I love Halo, forging, and the friends I've made through the franchise. I'm not ready to let go of that despite the disappointment that's Halo 4.

Also, they might make Cortana hotter in Halo 5.

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
New Flash Zandril: Micro$oft owns Halo. If you love Halo you love Micro$oft. (Sorry but it's true)

You need to look deep inside yourself and realize the reason you love Halo is because Bungie put their heart and soul into it, that's what made it great, thats why we all love it. but Bungie doesn't make Halo anymore, now it's just another money maker franchise, like COD.

(I promise, your find new friends on PS4, and the smart people on your friends list will be switching anyways...come to the dark side, lol)

ER1C0

Novice
Mar 25, 2013
I'm going to go the pragmatic way. Wait a year or two, see what's doing better, and buy that one for cheaper. So no, I'm not a loyal MC (microsoft or master chief) fanboy. It'd be cool to have Halo on its release but meh, it's not that big of a deal now that it's a once a year game, or so I've been lead to believe..

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
until xbox one changes im going to get PS4, because even halo 5 isn't worth having a perverted kinect in your house, besides after halo 5 comes out I'll look on youtube to know how the halo 5 story begins and ends, so SUCK IT MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!:thefinger:

You do know that you don't need the Kinect plugged in for the One to function anymore, so your argument is invalid.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
New news: PS4 is out a week earlier (11/15/13) for 100 bucks cheaper.

Just stating facts, don't get butt hurt if your an xbox fanboy. ;)

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
New news: PS4 is out a week earlier (11/15/13) for 100 bucks cheaper.

Just stating facts, don't get butt hurt if your an xbox fanboy. ;)

Now, do you think that one week is going to give the PS4 that much of a commanding lead? Also, Seeing how closely they a both being released to Christmas, a lot more are going to be sold then, so that one week is a little redundant.
Another thing, before I finish, The One is released a week before the PS4 in Europe.

AlexJ189

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2013
Narnia
Getting the Xbox One initially because of Halo 5, and it has a more comfortable controller IMO. But realistically I'll probably invest in a PS4 about a year later to make sure I don't miss out on any games.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
New Flash Zandril: Micro$oft owns Halo. If you love Halo you love Micro$oft. (Sorry but it's true)

You need to look deep inside yourself and realize the reason you love Halo is because Bungie put their heart and soul into it, that's what made it great, thats why we all love it. but Bungie doesn't make Halo anymore, now it's just another money maker franchise, like COD.

(I promise, your find new friends on PS4, and the smart people on your friends list will be switching anyways...come to the dark side, lol)

Your not the brightest light on the Christmas tree, you even miss spelled Microsoft.

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
I think you meant *misspelled

But thank you for attacking me while also spamming this topic and contributing nothing. You are a valuable member of this community, keep up the good work.

Back on Topic.

I bought a PS4, it's money. I'm enjoying the FREE TO PLAY options that no one that plays on a Micro$oft console will ever see ... ever.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I think you meant *misspelled

But thank you for attacking me while also spamming this topic and contributing nothing. You are a valuable member of this community, keep up the good work.

Back on Topic.

I bought a PS4, it's money. I'm enjoying the FREE TO PLAY options that no one that plays on a Micro$oft console will ever see ... ever.

You know except Ascend: Hand of Kul that came out like a month ago. That was FTP.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK

You see, what you look like you're doing here, is lording FTP over people like it's some new and exciting, and makes any real difference.
Most of the FTP games on the PS4 are already available on PC, and have been for ages.
Also, if you get a console just because some of the games are free, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
Watching people argue over these systems is like watching a political debate - deny and destroy anything 'the other side' has to say, regardless of whether or not it's logical/valid. I miss the days when it was viable to purchase multiple systems. I owned the XBOX, Playstation 2, and Gamecube simultaneously. I actually still own and enjoy each of them. The escalating price of the systems makes this essentially impossible now, and results in the polarization we see in this thread. It's kind of sickening actually.

Personally, I am probably in the extreme minority, as I'm not planning to buy any next gen system. Being an older gamer with numerous other priorities, I can't justify the cost of the system with the amount of use I would get out of it. I have always bought systems for games, and by expanding the focus of their consoles, Sony and Microsoft have priced me out of their systems. I don't care about streaming on Twitch. I don't even watch TV, so I definitely don't need a system that's meant to integrate with that. If I was going to purchase a system, it would probably be the Wii U, simply because of the fact that it focuses on the games. However, the fact that Nintendo continues to ignore the importance of online gaming will probably keep me away from that as well.

I have a handful of games I want to play through on the 360 yet, which will probably keep me busy for the next year. I have several older systems with games that I can still enjoy playing for hours on end. I also have a PC where I can scratch my gaming itch. If those things stop being enjoyable for me, I'll spend more time on my other hobbies - reading, spending time outdoors, watching The Cat in the Hat on an endless loop with a 3 year old (lol). So yeah, this is probably the end of the line for me.

Reactions: Skyward Shoe