What maps would you like remade in H2a forge from other halos?

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Eventually I'd hope to see all maps remade in H2a. I'm sure we all out. But, this here is the top map I would be most excited to play accurate remakes brought to halo 2 from each of the other halos.

Halo CE: Damnation
Halo 3: The pit
Halo Reach: Zealot (Without outside area)
Halo 4: Skyline
What're your choices?

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I would love to see forged remakes of some of the maps that haven't been possible in forge in the past. Maps which were largely based on natural terrain, or were simply beyond the scope of what was possible in forge in the past will suddenly be plausible. I want to see remakes of Standoff, Terminal, and Headlong the most. We'll also have the opportunity to reimagine maps built on Forge World which incorporated natural terrain as we'll be able to recreate that terrain. Of course, we need more than just remakes too.

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Orzium, Countdown was a good design definitely.

@Duck, Of course, however I'm just talking about which maps that are original designs outside of halo 2 that you think would play really well in it. Standoff was pretty decent! Replacing the warthogs with gungooses would significantly benefit the gameplay and balance out the infantry and vehicular combat. Or adding an infantry only tunnel on each side outside the base into the center lane. The possibility of improvements like that is the thing that makes me most excited about remakes, even maps that didn't have very enjoyable gameplay can be altered to balance those issues!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The warthogs are integral to the experiences Standoff is designed around. The map is punishing. A good 'hog driver and gunner can destroy the opposition with support from their team, but a good team can likewise control the weapons which allow them to destroy the enemy's 'hog. Taking 'hogs off the map would render it pointless. A change I might be more interested in seeing on Standoff would be finding a new location for the shotguns. Right now, it is too easy to run out the front door, grab the shotgun, and pull it back in to camp your flag. Moving the shotgun to a more risky location would be beneficial.

I also would love to see a remake of Orbital, and perhaps even a Powerhouse remake with some tweaks.

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
I don't k
The warthogs are integral to the experiences Standoff is designed around. The map is punishing. A good 'hog driver and gunner can destroy the opposition with support from their team, but a good team can likewise control the weapons which allow them to destroy the enemy's 'hog. Taking 'hogs off the map would render it pointless. A change I might be more interested in seeing on Standoff would be finding a new location for the shotguns. Right now, it is too easy to run out the front door, grab the shotgun, and pull it back in to camp your flag. Moving the shotgun to a more risky location would be beneficial.

I also would love to see a remake of Orbital, and perhaps even a Powerhouse remake with some tweaks.

I disagree. When we played it in the higher 40s, we would grenade the enemies hog off the start and use ours to kill the people getting the laser and then time their hog out so they couldn't leave their base and nearly everytime we would end up playing the one person who didn't quit. Theres nothing they can do at that point and that is a huge problem. Maybe moving the hogs to the back and adding a garage up there by the back entrance to the base and adding the tunnels may make it remotely playable but otherwise I don't see a warthog working on that map.

Orbital was pretty fun, it works really well when the AR isn't the start weapon. And power house was great! Though I wasn't very fond of reachs playstyle. Seeing it in halo 2 would be amazing.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I don't k

I disagree. When we played it in the higher 40s, we would grenade the enemies hog off the start and use ours to kill the people getting the laser and then time their hog out so they couldn't leave their base and nearly everytime we would end up playing the one person who didn't quit. Theres nothing they can do at that point and that is a huge problem. Maybe moving the hogs to the back and adding a garage up there by the back entrance to the base and adding the tunnels may make it remotely playable but otherwise I don't see a warthog working on that map.

Orbital was pretty fun, it works really well when the AR isn't the start weapon. And power house was great! Though I wasn't very fond of reachs playstyle. Seeing it in halo 2 would be amazing.
If your team was coordinated enough to exercise a strategy like that, and the opposing team was not coordinated enough to effectively counter it, they deserved to be trapped in their base. That said, making some tweaks to the map to prevent games from becoming quite so one-sided might not be a bad move. Adding garages to house the 'hogs might be interesting. Again, taking the 'hogs of Standoff would really defeat the purpose of the map altogether, so making some tweaks to prevent strategies involving the 'hogs from becoming too dominant might not be a bad move.

Regarding Orbital, do you know of any maps that aren't better when the BR is the starting weapon? Orbital is a great design, though. I'd love to play it again. Powerhouse is a great map for One Flag games, and would be a pleasure to play with Hal 2's mechanics and sandbox. Also, how about some Ghost Town?

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
If your team was coordinated enough to exercise a strategy like that, and the opposing team was not coordinated enough to effectively counter it, they deserved to be trapped in their base. That said, making some tweaks to the map to prevent games from becoming quite so one-sided might not be a bad move. Adding garages to house the 'hogs might be interesting. Again, taking the 'hogs of Standoff would really defeat the purpose of the map altogether, so making some tweaks to prevent strategies involving the 'hogs from becoming too dominant might not be a bad move.

Regarding Orbital, do you know of any maps that aren't better when the BR is the starting weapon? Orbital is a great design, though. I'd love to play it again. Powerhouse is a great map for One Flag games, and would be a pleasure to play with Hal 2's mechanics and sandbox. Also, how about some Ghost Town?

True but usually I feel like it should be more the players fault for being trapped which in the case of that map, once it happened there was pretty much literally nothing they could do about it due to the maps design and weapon layout in combination. But as you said, altering the map rather than removing hogs would probably be a better move.

Orbital reminds me a lot of elongation, gameplay wise. In a sense, it is always better to spawn with BRs but in orbital, I felt that spawning with an AR didn't allow you to move freely enough. With the long corridors, once a team would hold the rocket spawn and each lane, you had no weapons except the (single, I believe) br that spawned in the back of each base. This cause either heavy camping or again, an onslaught that could hardly be avoided.

In both cases, this is when youre playing competitively. Now that halo 2s ranking system is being re-implemented, if they were to go into MM it would cause these same problems. You know?

Ghost towns pretty great for small team one flag games! And it was somewhat a different style than most all other halo maps.

Man, you're just getting me more excited to see everyone's remakes. Haha

Last edited: