Halo What Happened to duel wielding?

Cuffs

Novice
Jan 13, 2013
Texas
I know that they took out duel wielding in Halo reach but I honestly thought they would bring it back in Halo 4 because they were continuing with Chief and all. So lets make this quick does anyone know why they chose not to bring back duel wielding?

Jan 16, 2013
usa
i think they didn't have duel wielding in halo 4 is because with default weapons like the bolt-shot then it would do more harm then good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sign here please

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
it would be awesome if Chief could dual-wield in campaign, but no one else can.
it would give that extra level of badass to the Chief.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
There's no duel wielding in Halo 4 due to the balencing issues it would have caused. This is possibly paired with 343's lack of ability, time, (hell maybe motivation) to fix these said issues. But I digress, they did just make a damn good first attempt at a halo game (if you can ignore how OP the DMR is)

Parker Melnyk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
a galaxy far far away
I like titmar's idea of the chief being able too but i think that there should be a specialization for it. Maybe it could be only for magnums because imagine how OP the double boltshot would be; you could fire shotguns twice as fast. Oh and halo 5 will be better. Once they get used to halo it will be like halo. 1 vs.halo 2

mazdak26

Proficient
yeah, it got buffed to top tier level, which actually kind of diminishes the appeal for me. It's no longer that you have to catch someone in the wide open, it can be used practically anywhere, which givesit very little difference from the SAW

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
its definitely a dangerous weapon in H4... but honestly i liked it better when it was a sort of joke weapon.
back when you were only dangerous with it if you had duals. silly needler... i miss it. my precious.

Reactions: cjm0987

cjm0987

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
The Desert
I could see dual wielding the pistols easily and plasma pistols as long as the plasma pistols only charged half way up. Dual sticky detonators would murder lol. It would be almost as much overkill as the incineration cannon. Dual boltshots only if you're not allowed to charge them up.

Li The Saint iL

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Well.. Way OP. but im sure some amazing custom games would turn up! duel welding would bring many new Custom game types! as would the flood being able to use weapons. i miss that.