What can go wrong? (Dating)

Yes I'm creating this out of my most recent experiences...
Yes I'm helping you people out right now.
What i don't want you to do is worry about it every day of your life because it makes you feel miserable

Anyways let's get started.

1. The first step, asking her out. Now if you tell your friends and they tell their friends and so on eventually it will reach the ears of the girl you like. Possibilities of what can happen vary on the girl you like when this news hits her. But if the following occurs you have a timeframe to get those words from your mouth to her ears. What i mean is that if she's not dating anyone and this a fact you know, she's going to be expecting you to do it within say a week (just an example don't jump over desks for this). But you don't know her patience therefore you need to get it done soon. Ok now things that can go wrong is pretty much everything. Here's the list.
While your friends get her to come over here while you're not paying attention and she walks away and you yell, "Dammit, get over here!" Can result in coming as being perverted. But if you start laughing realizing your terrible mistake she'll realize you didn't mean it in the way she thought you did. (Remember all girls are different, keep this in kind throughout)

Cowardice is another thing that can go wrong. You have the opportunities for what needs to be done but getting it off your chest is hard so you back down. Its a mistake to do this everyday because eventually she's going to get sick of waiting for you and continue avenues of other interests.

2. How to continue a relationship after the first stage. This can be tricky. Just be causal about it. Mistakes and screw ups occur as the following (this is not based on my experience but rather based on my knowledge as will the rest)
Getting too serious about it. Sure shes with you but don't "react" to everything she does or says. Be happy, it shows confidence in yourself and her. Just be cool about it.

Trying to rush it. Don't get "into" it too early. She needs time to adapt to you, your life, managing time for you and just learning about you. She needs a grip on you so don't lose her because you want something that shouldn't even happen at this stage.

(This doesn't have to do with the relationship itself but its good to know.) Breaking up. Dont be mean about if you're the one doing the breaking up. She's going to take that as a sign if resentment and that you may not have even liked her from the beginning. If she's doing it, ask her why she's doing it (it'll comfort you knowing this) and be casual. Being sad is understandable, thats ok it means you're sorry for this occurrence. Screw ups are already mentioned in the advice above.

This is all my knowledge on this subject. Also i only outlined a few screw ups that can be made for each step. But uh.. You know your welcome for me sharing some of my experiences with this stuff in the first step, which no doubt is the toughest. Also rejection. Don't take it too harshly, it might now even be about you. She could have a boyfriend (which is what happens to me...), she could not be ready, so on and so forth. Just don't push her and nag her about it. Calmness is key. Well here's this embarrassingly helpful thread for all of you trying to start the spark if you know what I mean. ;)

I would just give her some bacon. If she likes it, then she's the one.
image.jpg

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Just going to throw something I learned in there

Don't be someone you are not
  • Doing this can make you lose your self identity (Which I have done and still trying to do good by me) and question your morals, values, and if you are truly attracted to the girl or her body. Ex: You are a nice guy (I would guess) and the girl likes bad boys even though she has the personality you are looking for don't try to be a bad boy. Stay yourself and find Common ground in which to conversate with.

Just going to throw something I learned in there

Don't be someone you are not
  • Doing this can make you lose your self identity (Which I have done and still trying to do good by me) and question your morals, values, and if you are truly attracted to the girl or her body. Ex: You are a nice guy (I would guess) and the girl likes bad boys even though she has the personality you are looking for don't try to be a bad boy. Stay yourself and find Common ground in which to conversate with.
Yeah I figured that from the beginning. I'm planning my own little creative way to get myself out there a bit.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
This thread is so terribly middle school...

Guys, do what works for you. That's all.
If you don't know what works for you, just try and forge your own path, and you'll figure it out. You'll be heartbroken and rejected, but deal with it and move on. You'll be a better person after it all, even if you don't think so yourself.
-Berb's Advice

This thread is so terribly middle school...

Guys, do what works for you. That's all.
If you don't know what works for you, just try and forge your own path, and you'll figure it out. You'll be heartbroken and rejected, but deal with it and move on. You'll be a better person after it all, even if you don't think so yourself.
-Berb's Advice

As much as we all make fun of tomtris, i have one thing to say. (It has nothing to do w/Tomtris)

THE BERB HAS SPOKEN