Map Preview Washout

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
Just a piece of advice, this is a tried and true tactic when using the AR in Tactical Slayer:
Bip boop, Hip hoop. HAH!? A man across the map? I SHALL SPRAY TIL MY HEART IS CONTENT!

Back in Halo 4, I loved to play Tactical Slayer but no other person would want to partake in the one-life gamemode. Now, with my extensive knowledge of Counter-Strike map design, I can say this play style may return to the HaloCustoms community bigger than ever before(not really saying much).

I am making a gamemode similar to Tactical Slayer from Reach and Halo 4. Because of the return of Assault, I'll be designing my map, De_Washout, off of the gameplay of Counter-Strike more than Tactical Slayer. The aesthetics will remain based on the halo universe, the map being loosely inspired by Tsavo Highway from Halo 3 and all.

Here is a high detail picture of the layout(I recommend opening in a new tab):
tumblr_nfrg3n5Yyy1snpx5so1_1280.jpg

About the layout:
-The paths of this map encourages players to primarily attack site A while having site B as the back-up objective.
-The bombsites are quite close; they're probably less than 6 seconds from each other.
-Taking the route along the beach is probably the best bet at planting B, but site B is very close to defender spawns.
-Defenders have a quicker access to the long sightlines along the beach while attackers have a higher cliff position the snipe from if defenders get too close.
-The waste line offers a quick path between the attacker's spawn and either the crevice/basin under site A or the beach.
-The cave offers a great flank for attackers if they manage to get to site B. The stream of the cave connects site B to site A, making an attack from there is less predictable than a flank through the crevice.

Last edited: