Was this too much?

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
So i tried advertising my Blood Gulch map
on 343 forums, and got a suspended for 36 hours. Reasons for my suspension was talking about modded content.
My response:
So even though it is the most accurate rendition of Blood Gulch that can be created, AND 343/rooster teeth challenged us to make it, you guys still want to turn your back on it. If anything, These "modded" maps prove that the forge budget is capable of holding more items than you guys are allowing.

Through constantly holding back players in what they are capable of, 343 has set us up in position for failure. Yes, a lot of great maps have not been modded, but some of the best maps and gametypes (Including having to mod Flood in order to acquire normal infection gametypes).

There are three major factors that are keeping HALO alive:
Storyline
Gameplay
Community

The storyline is great, there is no question there. The gameplay is questionable, but you guys are doing your best to improve it, so that is not something I'll complain about. What you guys are lacking is your community out reach. Here are some examples:

1: PAX east: Claimed you never heard the DMR needed nerfing. When it is in pretty much every complaint forum in your forums.
2: GDC: Making Halo easier for younger gamers. HALO is an "M" Rated game. We don't need younger gamers. Younger gamers are what is making gamers look bad, and what is going to drive COD into the ground.
3: Banning/Suspending players for having to mod content, because we are not given the proper amount of tools to create ideas of our imagination. If I remember correctly, when Halo 4's forge was being announced before launch, 343 stated that forge was now "only limited by your imagination"
4: UNSC Aerial vehicles in forge. That has been a complaint since players realised it was not in HALO 4 forge.
5: Skyrim DLC's have been able to churn out huge land masses that include 100's of cave systems, implement a new storyline, and add new class of weapons to almost every single DLC they have introduced.

I have to give 343/Certain Affinity (not sure who created Forge Island) on the laziness putt into it. The flat terrain is awesome, but what is even more awesome is forging inside the hollow islands.

I've been a die-hard halo fan since I started playing HALO CE. I understood that HALO Reach was more laid back than Halo 3. But has 343 really ever wondered why we had more people on ANY of the playlists the day HALO came out then we do now on all the playlists combined.

The community gave Halo another chance, they came back. All those stats that 343 so proudly announced during PAX East and every other time they have boast, don't mean anything if 343 doesn't change. Show us the stats that show the player retention rate HALO 4 has. If the HALO franchise wants to make it another decade, more progress has to be done to better 343's relationship with the community. There is a reason people make parodies of your Halo 4 Pre-launch announcement trailers.

Final two points.
We're not asking you guys to completely accept it. We're asking for you guys to have some leniency in allowing custom games to be customized, and forge maps to be limited by only our imagination. Go ahead and ban the players in matchmaking that are harming your game, and ruining the experience for others. They don't have little to no choice to whom they play with. Custom games there is a choice. You have to know someone to join it. You have to physically say yes in order to enter that game. You can leave whenever you want as often as you want without fearing retaliation. Let us control custom games, and we will let you control matchmaking games.

Finally, in your eyes, I may just be one customer. You may not care if you lose me. I am not a significant impact. But this is not just me thinking these. This is a great majority of your community. Many of which have already lost hope for HALO. I don't want to lose hope. I don't want to see Halo fall. I want to help bring it back to the glory days of Halo 3. But you're holding us back, scaring us off, and Halo will not survive continuing down the rode it has embarked on. Don't let it fail.

Sincerely,
Zeezke
"Halo4Express"

PS. My dream job is to help design video games. I plan to go go to college to major in that. My ultimate goal is to join the team working on Halo. However I fear Halo may be dead by the time I complete college and have the experience to do so. Please don't let that happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpijsgXdDcI&list=SPZxNh0rxsJCaDCd5mjEJmcESE11oon6zr&index=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z4E6vx8k8U&list=SPZxNh0rxsJCaDCd5mjEJmcESE11oon6zr&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZQojvgNfI&list=SPZxNh0rxsJCaDCd5mjEJmcESE11oon6zr&index=15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMaKVDEBqoY

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I agree with everything on this. As long as modded content isn't effecting the game in a negative way, 343 shouldn't be dicks about it. There's a difference between modding and hacking, something 343 does not understand.

Reactions: Zeezke99

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
You showed it exactly, and how we have to mod a game to fix a problem. And to top it off, then ban us for fixing their problem?