Halo Vehicle Wishlist/Ideas

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
You've contradicted yourself. You said that it would be massively difficult, but other games have done it well.
However, to be honest, I'd rather just see the pelican as a regular vehicle instead of some fancy schmancy support gadget, but powered down to fit in matchmaking, of course.
I think you know what i mean by difficult. The way halo combat style is setup that type would be hard to incorporate. And would probably change the halo experience altogether.

Reactions: ShockBolt21

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
But Earth Orbital Defense is supposed to be extremely powerful- the best we've got- and they can't put a dent into the Didact's huge, ugly piece o' junk. It would have been better if it was an entire forerunner fleet, but the fact that one single ship just teleports to earth, marches right up to it (right past the dozens of ships in Earth Orbital Defense, the Dakota Battle Group (w/ the Infinity) and everything else we threw at it) and starts shooting at it while none of our ships could do anything just made me lose all my pride in the UNSC
The Forerunners are centuries, if not millenia, more advanced than humanity. The thing had shielding that was only destructible from inside the shield itself. We were still using physical projectiles, whereas they were blasting away with energy weapons. 'The best we've got' was never going to be able to defeat the best they've got, no matter how many ships we had.

Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I think it would be pretty cool if they made a underwater vehicle like a submarine. Also the falcon back.
Yeah, but how often do maps have bodies of water? I suppose it could be done, but the only reason it works in games like Battlefield is because those maps are gigantic, and they accommodate for it. Without scaling Halo maps, you'd be using the subs/boats in tiny little lakes ponds and puddles. With scaling, it just won't feel like Halo anymore :(

But in a nonlogical, let's all imagine ridiculous things that would be awesome world, I totally support this! I also support gigantic mechs. So anything could happen!

Reactions: Albreich

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
I think it would be pretty cool if they made a underwater vehicle like a submarine. Also the falcon back.
Though a UNSC air vehicle would accepted well. The Falcon is from Reach and therefore older, so we probably wont see the falcon return. (plus it was horrible, in matchmaking at least) Perhaps a type of hover plane or modified hornet is what we will see.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Though a UNSC air vehicle would accepted well. The Falcon is from Reach and therefore older, so we probably wont see the falcon return. (plus it was horrible, in matchmaking at least) Perhaps a type of hover plane or modified hornet is what we will see.
I think that the Falcon could return/be useful in newer Halo games, if the thing had a turret on the front which the pilot could operate, similar to how it was in New Alexandria in the Reach campaign.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Wasn't that how the Falcon was in the Reach campaign? I don't know why they were different in MM though.

Maybe Bungie thought it would've been overpowered.
I have no idea why they cut front turret from Multiplayer. It would give the Falcon greater firepower, but the vehicle itself is pretty easy to destroy anyway. If anything, it would balance the Falcon against vehicles and weapons.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
It would give the Falcon greater firepower
Not necessarily fair for the guys on the ground
the vehicle itself is pretty easy to destroy anyway
yeah sure, if you have a rocket launcher, or the time to sit on a high position for several minutes surging DMR shots at it
If anything, it would balance the Falcon against vehicles and weapons.
Not even close. The falcon could just sit above the map at a good distance and shoot everyone it saw. Nobody would be able to do anything, and they might not be able to step out of cover.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Not necessarily fair for the guys on the ground

yeah sure, if you have a rocket launcher, or the time to sit on a high position for several minutes surging DMR shots at it

Not even close. The falcon could just sit above the map at a good distance and shoot everyone it saw. Nobody would be able to do anything, and they might not be able to step out of cover.
The turret was a burst fire affair. It was only really usually at mid range, due to it's accuracy, similar to the turret seats on the sides. You could suppress enemies, yes, but if they got a Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Launcher, Grenade Launcher(with a good enough aim), Sniper Rifle, Scorpion, Banshee, Gauss Hog, Rocket Hog...hell even a lucky Plasma Pistol shot could bring the thing down. The only time I ever saw a Falcon last very long in Matchmaking was when the pilot was both extremely skilled and extremely lucky.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I played the pelican mission again, and I just realized how unbelievably awesome that thing was. Too bad all I got to do was shoot at a few phantoms from way outside of their range while they just floated around in aimless circles. I'd like to see some variant of that in multiplayer. The way Halo is now, that wouldn't be easy, as it is such a powerful vehicle, but on such small maps. Maybe the fifth will feature maps large enough to incorporate it in some form.
They could incorporate a new gametype. Call it s.o.s or something. Purely, ship vs. ship combat. Soon as you spawn you are automatically boarding a falcon, pelican, phantom (vehicle of choice) etc.

Jan 16, 2013
mZqmCxwvCF0EkkUtnWuYH1Q.jpg

This ^^^^^^^^^ make it happen 343i!

Reactions: ShockBolt21

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
They could incorporate a new gametype. Call it s.o.s or something. Purely, ship vs. ship combat. Soon as you spawn you are automatically boarding a falcon, pelican, phantom (vehicle of choice) etc.
I'd rather see it incorporated into a regular match somehow, probably powered down a bit, and also into forge. And I have heard the idea of space combat before. I could imagine it working perfectly fine, but I wouldn't be too into that for long. Besides, you know that I already made ship vs ship combat better than 343 ever could! ;)

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Then why is it that their handheld weapons are no better than ours? And one of our spartans is able to take down hundreds of promethians
The reason one Spartan can take down hundreds of Prometheans is because he's/they're, depending on if you're playing Campaign or Spartan Ops, the player player character, they are hardly going to make common enemies nigh on unkillable.

Can we get back to suggestions and ideas now?