Halo Vehicle Wishlist/Ideas

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Recently, I've been thinking about the vehicles in Halo, and about the vehicles that I would like to see in Halo 5, vehicles that are useable in Multiplayer, as well as able to be placed in Forge.
Naturally, the first thing that leaps to mind is some form of UNSC air vehicle, so I would actually go for the Falcon. However, I think that they should have a forward facing turret, much like they had in the New Alexandria mission from Reach.
As well as this, I'd like to be able to have the transport Warthogs (the ones that had four seats in the back instead of a turret).

What vehicles do you guys want to see appear in the new Halo games? A returning vehicle, or maybe you have your own ideas for one?

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I'd love to have a very rare use of a support Pelican. It can come loaded with a selection of vehicles to drop to your teammates. But then, I ask myself, what if your teammates don't want a vehicle? Well, when you get in your support Pelican, all of your Teammates get a UI message telling them that they can order in a warthog, mongoose, whatever. Then they set a waypoint for you in the same way that they would throw down some ordnance, then you as the pelican pilot can choose at your own discretion where to place your vehicles. The added bonus of this is that teammates can order in your pelican, not for a vehicle, but for weapons. Then you fly down and land your pelican, they run up to its side and pick up whichever weapons it has attached to it (spartan laser, shotguns, railguns, SAWs, etc.) and then they can choose whether or not they want to ride passenger. If they do, then you can be all support and shit and bring them to the flag, capture areas, etc.

I reckon that'd be pretty epic. Alternatively, you could get an attack pelican which has relatively weak armor, but the same kind of payload as the pelican in the Halo 4 campaign minus the guns and the passenger capabilities.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
That sounds pretty awesome. However, I think vehicle drops would be a little redundant, seeing as we have the vehicle spawns on the map, unless the vehicles dropped are ones that are unavailable on the map in the first place.
The attack pelican would have a spartan laser turret and chain gun? Sounds cool, but the maps for it would have to be extremely large, something near BF3 size.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I played the pelican mission again, and I just realized how unbelievably awesome that thing was. Too bad all I got to do was shoot at a few phantoms from way outside of their range while they just floated around in aimless circles. I'd like to see some variant of that in multiplayer. The way Halo is now, that wouldn't be easy, as it is such a powerful vehicle, but on such small maps. Maybe the fifth will feature maps large enough to incorporate it in some form.

Also, I'd like to see some more realistic aircraft. Maybe not in multiplayer, but it would be fun to have a plane or something that flies at a decent speed somewhere in the game, even if it's just a campaign mission or two. The broadsword was a nice try, but its maximum speed (even at full boost) is about equal to, or even less than, the minimum speed of a modern jet aircraft at decent maneuverability. Also, the strafe allows the broadsword to move extremely laterally, making it all the more unrealistic.

And also, do you think there's any chance that 343 might add some kind of drivable boat?

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't think that they will. To be honest, there are very few instances in the entirety of Halo where aquatic vehicles would have given a greater advantage than aerial or land based vehicles.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I don't think that they will. To be honest, there are very few instances in the entirety of Halo where aquatic vehicles would have given a greater advantage than aerial or land based vehicles.
True. But it shouldn't be hard to add a water-based mission or two to the campaign, a pond or something in a few of the matchmaking maps, and a speedboat in forge. Or instead, maybe, they can make some vehicles capable of traveling on land or in the water, like some covenant vehicles (would make sense) or even an amphibious warthog variant

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I want the revenant and chopper back, those beasts were awesome! The hornet too, obviously needs to make a return and the one thing i want... Is drivable scarabs! Please 343, please...

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I want the revenant and chopper back, those beasts were awesome! The hornet too, obviously needs to make a return and the one thing i want... Is drivable scarabs! Please 343, please...
Not sure why 343 took those out. Personally, I like the falcon more than the hornet. And I'm not sure about drivable scarabs, unless you want the game to end up looking like Star Wars Battlefront.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't we'll ever get a Scarab, seeing as it's so ridiculously powerful, as well as the fact that it requires a lot of people to control it.
I too would love to see the Revenant and Chopper return. The Hornet? Not so much.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Mmhm, those were all good vehicles, but I kinda feel like they need to branch out to new vehicles, like they have with the Mantis (seriously, I'm still geeking out over that thing!) and leave those past vehicles to the past. I can't wait to see what funky new things the prometheans could be pumping out - we've yet to see some vehicular creations of their own. That would be intense, and ripe with creative license.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Mmhm, those were all good vehicles, but I kinda feel like they need to branch out to new vehicles, like they have with the Mantis (seriously, I'm still geeking out over that thing!) and leave those past vehicles to the past. I can't wait to see what funky new things the prometheans could be pumping out - we've yet to see some vehicular creations of their own. That would be intense, and ripe with creative license.
The only Promethean/Forerunner vehicles we've seen are the Didact's ball thing and the Didact's giant battleship. The Prometheans tend to teleport into battle, so transport isn't an issue for them.
That being said, if we do get Promethean vehicles, expect them to be shiny, pointy and phallic.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
i want the falcon with a turret on the front, the transport warthog wich im pretty sure it actually
has six seats on the back wich is a whole team in BTB and i also want a promethean ground vehicle,
heavy vehicle and an air vehicle

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Well, think about it. That ship was created by the same people that created the Halo Rings. I think the thing is entitled to be overpowered, doubly so seeing as the Didact was the Forerunner's military commander.
But Earth Orbital Defense is supposed to be extremely powerful- the best we've got- and they can't put a dent into the Didact's huge, ugly piece o' junk. It would have been better if it was an entire forerunner fleet, but the fact that one single ship just teleports to earth, marches right up to it (right past the dozens of ships in Earth Orbital Defense, the Dakota Battle Group (w/ the Infinity) and everything else we threw at it) and starts shooting at it while none of our ships could do anything just made me lose all my pride in the UNSC

Reactions: evergreen948
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
But Earth Orbital Defense is supposed to be extremely powerful- the best we've got- and they can't put a dent into the Didact's huge, ugly piece o' junk. It would have been better if it was an entire forerunner fleet, but the fact that one single ship just teleports to earth, marches right up to it (right past the dozens of ships in Earth Orbital Defense, the Dakota Battle Group (w/ the Infinity) and everything else we threw at it) and starts shooting at it while none of our ships could do anything just made me lose all my pride in the UNSC
yet a little green man destroys it

Reactions: ShockBolt21

Cody3717

Master
Jan 10, 2013
A mac cannon.
Not a vehicle but a nice heavy duty cannon
maybe should be only available in forge and should cost 1000?
Mac Cannons would be cool and great for minigames.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
I'd love to have a very rare use of a support Pelican. It can come loaded with a selection of vehicles to drop to your teammates. But then, I ask myself, what if your teammates don't want a vehicle? Well, when you get in your support Pelican, all of your Teammates get a UI message telling them that they can order in a warthog, mongoose, whatever. Then they set a waypoint for you in the same way that they would throw down some ordnance, then you as the pelican pilot can choose at your own discretion where to place your vehicles. The added bonus of this is that teammates can order in your pelican, not for a vehicle, but for weapons. Then you fly down and land your pelican, they run up to its side and pick up whichever weapons it has attached to it (spartan laser, shotguns, railguns, SAWs, etc.) and then they can choose whether or not they want to ride passenger. If they do, then you can be all support and shit and bring them to the flag, capture areas, etc.

I reckon that'd be pretty epic. Alternatively, you could get an attack pelican which has relatively weak armor, but the same kind of payload as the pelican in the Halo 4 campaign minus the guns and the passenger capabilities.

While the a Pelican would be awesome, something tells me bungie/343 have stayed away from it for the reason that so many other games already have that capability and do it well. And trying to balance something that game changing would be massively difficult. I think perhaps the best we can hope for are just some more campaign use of heavy machinery.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
While the a Pelican would be awesome, something tells me bungie/343 have stayed away from it for the reason that so many other games already have that capability and do it well. And trying to balance something that game changing would be massively difficult.
You've contradicted yourself. You said that it would be massively difficult, but other games have done it well.
However, to be honest, I'd rather just see the pelican as a regular vehicle instead of some fancy schmancy support gadget, but powered down to fit in matchmaking, of course.