Map Preview Transmission

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Map Preview: Transmission
by RegrettedKarma6

Transmission will be my MYM submission in September. It still needs a lot of testing and adjusting so here's a little sneak peek.

Layout: Transmission is a Matchmaking style dominion map heavily inspired by Longbow.
Gametype: Currently only Dominion is supported. I have plans to set up Extraction, CTF and other gametypes.
Weapons: 120 Sec Rockets, 2x 90 Sec Saws and MM Dropsets at bases.
Vehicles: Alpha Banshee, Bravo Scorpion, Charlie Banshee. Get prepared for the super heavy vehicle set!
Overview
n4ff.png

UPDATE!!
(Just felt like the caps and exclamation marks made it more exciting)....​
Transmission is now Aerolith.
So the map has gone under quite a few changes, It's about 2000 budget less than Transmission and has seen complete redesigns of Alpha and Charlie. Other structures have been added in between the flanks which help more with Alpha/Charlie segmentation as well as increasing the capability to attack bases. The weapon set has seen the saws say goodbye in favour of a sticky detonator and railgun while the vehicle set now sees a mantis reside in Alpha, wraith in bravo and a rocket hog in Charlie.​
Aerolith_zpsc97efcdb.png
MoarScreenshots_zpse956c3fa.png

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Sorry, we were unable to fully test your map due to connection issues. We will test it in the next RCC. Here are just some recommendations I would implement from the time that we did get to play Transmission:
  • Center area is a tad barren. You can still implement Warthog paths, but give some proper cover for infantry.
  • More sight line blockers for players loitering outside of Bravo. As attackers are at a higher elevation, they are more susceptible to incoming fire. This would give them an easier foothold outside of Bravo before they capture the base.
  • I heard there was a Scorpion tank? Didn't see it myself - but remember that those things are extremely powerful. Wraiths are always an alternative.

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I'll have an updated version next week with many of these changes, the middle bridge of the map is undergoing some fairly radical changes that will definitely make the center of the map feel less barren. I will see what I can do about adding a few more los blockers outside of Bravo. As for the scorpion, I believe it will be fairly balanced here as I increased the likeliness of spartan laser drops at resupply on all three bases, the rockets are a good counter and the terrain often puts it at risk if a team is not supporting it.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I hadn't actually seen this until last night, but it looks like you'll have a really solid map on your hands by the time you're finished. Your redesigned Alpha base (maybe it was Charlie actually) looked great, I really like some of the verticallity you've incorporated into the map and how that is reflected in the layout of the new bases. it'll also be interesting to see how that balances the scorpion vs the banshees. I look forward to playing this, either in testing, or later on while judging the maps.