Map Preview Transit (Terminal Remake)

JDHarbs

Qualified
Feb 25, 2013
Kansas City
I love the classics. Nothing makes me happier than playing some old school Slayer or CTF matches on my favorite Halo maps of all time. I had done a lot of work with them in Reach and was thinking this might be the time for me to start using some of that creativity and make something original. So I was contemplating what my first Forge project should be and started flying through the canvases trying to find some inspiration when it hit me:

"Ravine is shaped an awful lot like Terminal."

So I started working on one just to see how far I could take it. I fully expected to hit a wall at some point where I couldn't take this map any further, but it just kept going. The terrain just fits this map so entirely well that I only had to make slight adjustments to the original layout of the map to make it work. I've become increasingly pleased with the end result and I feel like you all will as well once you all can play on it yourselves.

Anyway, enough of me talking. I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves. Please keep in mind that this is an older build and is currently a work-in-progress:

K7r7rD3.jpg

AkLzKBK.jpg

CwyZMMo.jpg

B8l5cQR.jpg

5AtnM00.jpg

TVp4xRi.jpg

UF29KDt.jpg

JDHarbs

Qualified
Feb 25, 2013
Kansas City
Terminal was the map with the train right? Any chance you fit that in too?
I tried coming up with some kind of reasonable replacement for the train, but after a lot of trial and error, the best thing really was to just place a soft-kill zone along the track.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I tried coming up with some kind of reasonable replacement for the train, but after a lot of trial and error, the best thing really was to just place a soft-kill zone along the track.
Yeah I imagine a train would be pretty hard to replicate but a soft-killzone is a good alternative, good thinking!

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
people did it in halo reach with a killball that was shot through a railsystem by mancannons, thats really possible, you just have to adjust the spawntime and build aworking track for the killball

JDHarbs

Qualified
Feb 25, 2013
Kansas City
people did it in halo reach with a killball that was shot through a railsystem by mancannons, thats really possible, you just have to adjust the spawntime and build aworking track for the killball
Yeah, but the problem with that is that the kill ball extends below the track so it also kills some players or vehicles that get too close below it as well. Like I said though, I gonna try some other stuff and see if I can get one working, but its no guarantee.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
A crate with gravity zones didn't work for a train?
I think what he's saying is by using gravity volumes to move a crate, this means the gravity volumes will also affect any players jumping across the track which isn't good for competitive play.

Also, by using gravity volumes to make a crate move, the crates will respawn before they move too far.