Aesthetic Traces

Iront Mesdent

Qualified
Nov 4, 2013
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Traces (version 1.0) - Team Slayer map. Playable, but mostly for aesthetics

Hello everyone,

This is one of my older maps I wanted to share with you. It's called Traces. Even though it's playable, I mostly forged it for Aesthetic purposes so gameplay might be a bit affected. Also, I'm mostly a flood forger so i'm not used to forge competitive maps. Anyway, I'm done with the ramble, let's get to the point. So here it is:...

Read more about this map...

Apr 27, 2013
UK
This look amazing, nice work. You're probably gonna hate to hear this, but I kinda prefer the first one you made. :rolleyes: The buildings looked more forerunner-like (less original, perhaps, but more easily identifiable as forerunner structures) and those building blocks and aerials you added to the bottom of the islands really improved them I think. The new map is probably better for game play of course. Anyhow, good job all round :)

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
This looks really cool. I would have recommended having both versions of the map instead of updating it. Like, have on for aesthetic version and the other gameplay version. You may have already done this, but just wanted to put that out there :)

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan

Iront Mesdent

Qualified
Nov 4, 2013
Québec City, Québec, Canada
This looks really cool. I would have recommended having both versions of the map instead of updating it. Like, have on for aesthetic version and the other gameplay version. You may have already done this, but just wanted to put that out there :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to do this in the next maps I will post.

Actually, I wanted to have an aesthetic version and a gameplay version in one. The first version is playable, but is not gameplay efficient at all. (could you imagine the spawn killing with DMRs on both starting islands?) So I tried to combine both in the second version, which is this one, and I think I did OK for gameplay. I learned form my mistakes and know which things I would have prefered, etc. and i feel ready for a completely new version which will support Slayer, but also Dominion, CTF, Oddball, King of the Hill, etc.

I would have prefered to remodel this version, but because it's modded, I've reched a point of no return where I cannot place a single more object on the map.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to do this in the next maps I will post.

Actually, I wanted to have an aesthetic version and a gameplay version in one. The first version is playable, but is not gameplay efficient at all. (could you imagine the spawn killing with DMRs on both starting islands?) So I tried to combine both in the second version, which is this one, and I think I did OK for gameplay. I learned form my mistakes and know which things I would have prefered, etc. and i feel ready for a completely new version which will support Slayer, but also Dominion, CTF, Oddball, King of the Hill, etc.

I would have prefered to remodel this version, but because it's modded, I've reched a point of no return where I cannot place a single more object on the map.
Oh, ok. I understand :). Also, I have also been to "the point of no return" :eek: