Gaming Titanfall Who's in whos out?

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
In the opinion of many people Titanfall is the most hyped thing in these days... Let´s be honest, it´s a game that you play for like 1-2 months, but not for like 2-3 years ;)

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
In the opinion of many people Titanfall is the most hyped thing in these days... Let´s be honest, it´s a game that you play for like 1-2 months, but not for like 2-3 years ;)
Yeah, same here. I would still play it, but I am a rager. So, I don't feel like visiting an insane asylum. :)

Reactions: Kantalope

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Ok, so here's my brief opinion of it.
1 It's a mash up game.
-Battlefield (For it's map size and verticality)
-Cod (For it's weapon mechanics and overall fluidness)
-Halo (Basic weapons arsenal)
-What ever that parkour game is.
2 To me the titans feel like Halo vehicles to me, and they very greatly.
-Stryder (Feels like the Banshee, weird right? I say this because in a Titan you have an aerial view of the map similar to the Banshee's view. However, I also feel that the speed, agility, and how fragile it is make it very comparable. In the right hands the Banshee and Stryder are powerful, but in the wrong hands they are useless)
-Atlas (Feels like the warthog, if you were the driver, passenger, and gunner. It's strong, offers decent protection, but it's maneuverability is hindered some. It's a good starting Titan for players that play both aggressive and defensive and need to adjust there strategy on the fly.)
-Ogre (Feels like the Wraith. It's slow, lumbersome, and can take a massive amount of damage. It has that one boost that the Wraith has. It can take on infantry with ease, and anyone caught in his sites usually dies. He starts to falter though when he plays experienced infantry that know how to dance around the ogre, or multiple Titans engage.)

I like it, though I wish I stopped getting crappy teammates.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Exactly!!! That was one of the main reasons I quit Titanfall. It was either 10% great teammates, 5% intense close match, and 110% really bad teammates. Yeah, the situation was so bad, it went over 100%

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Exactly!!! That was one of the main reasons I quit Titanfall. It was either 10% great teammates, 5% intense close match, and 110% really bad teammates. Yeah, the situation was so bad, it went over 100%
Problem is I get this in Halo too. I played a game of big team swat a while ago, went 28-7, and my team lost by over a hundred. The second best player on my team got 8 kills. I was furious.

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Problem is I get this in Halo too. I played a game of big team swat a while ago, went 28-7, and my team lost by over a hundred. The second best player on my team got 8 kills. I was furious.
Yeah, I get that too. But for me, not as much as Titanfall.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I get that too. But for me, not as much as Titanfall.
Maybe you belong to *those* kind of players Zeezke described
emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png

WOLF0997

Proficient
Dec 12, 2013
West, Lafayette IN
Ok, so here's my brief opinion of it.
1 It's a mash up game.
-Battlefield (For it's map size and verticality)
-Cod (For it's weapon mechanics and overall fluidness)
-Halo (Basic weapons arsenal)
-What ever that parkour game is.
2 To me the titans feel like Halo vehicles to me, and they very greatly.
-Stryder (Feels like the Banshee, weird right? I say this because in a Titan you have an aerial view of the map similar to the Banshee's view. However, I also feel that the speed, agility, and how fragile it is make it very comparable. In the right hands the Banshee and Stryder are powerful, but in the wrong hands they are useless)
-Atlas (Feels like the warthog, if you were the driver, passenger, and gunner. It's strong, offers decent protection, but it's maneuverability is hindered some. It's a good starting Titan for players that play both aggressive and defensive and need to adjust there strategy on the fly.)
-Ogre (Feels like the Wraith. It's slow, lumbersome, and can take a massive amount of damage. It has that one boost that the Wraith has. It can take on infantry with ease, and anyone caught in his sites usually dies. He starts to falter though when he plays experienced infantry that know how to dance around the ogre, or multiple Titans engage.)

Ever play Mech assault 2 LONEWOLF?

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Titanfall is boring.

Everybody is trash.

It seems that I can go on, absolutely wreck the enemy team and have no issues in my game whatsoever, getting like 20 pilot kills before accidentally blowing myself up with a grenade or something.

And then my team still loses.

Doctor_Who_reaction_face_8272.jpg

But gameplay itself, it seems to feel exactly the same. The maps really don't have all that big of variation in terms of gameplay; the guns generally feel the same and the R101C is the god gun. Parkouring around and getting in heavy titan weapons is adrenaline pumping for the first game or so in a month but by the second game it's a fairly bland and recurring experience for me.

(Which is disappointing.)

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Titanfall is boring.

Everybody is trash.

It seems that I can go on, absolutely wreck the enemy team and have no issues in my game whatsoever, getting like 20 pilot kills before accidentally blowing myself up with a grenade or something.

And then my team still loses.

Doctor_Who_reaction_face_8272.jpg

But gameplay itself, it seems to feel exactly the same. The maps really don't have all that big of variation in terms of gameplay; the guns generally feel the same and the R101C is the god gun. Parkouring around and getting in heavy titan weapons is adrenaline pumping for the first game or so in a month but by the second game it's a fairly bland and recurring experience for me.

(Which is disappointing.)
^