Lobby Recap Thursday 2v2 Testing | Recap

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Thanks for joining, fellas! Post your feedback if you have any. This was a little shorter than I expected, lol. I'll have a more extensive schedule next time around.

Astiir Zandril General Sarbina

• Plum
• Ugliest
• Below the Depths
• Aether
• Blu
• Exin
• Ratchet

Reactions: Astiir

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Among those names, I only recognize Ugliest and Blu. I'll have to play Ugliest a little bit more to say more but I did notice bumps in the flooring and I felt like you could've identified the Sniper locations a little better. I'm also still not fond of the double crates. However, the map felt very solid and it's definitely a lot cleaner now.

Blu was the map with the Dubstep Cannon right? For that map, I'm not too sure how I feel about the weapon set. Each team is given a sniper and a concussion rifle each and then there's a neutral sticky det and incin can. The map didn't seem like it had too much firepower in the game we played but I'll have to play more of it to say more than that.

I also think the map played a little slow for 2v2s. Maybe that's just me.

Reactions: Auburn

Astiir

Master
Nov 2, 2013
Northern Ireland
Sorry I had to leave early, it was like 1 in the morning for me : P

Plum by Orzium was cool. I personally though the corridor from snipe is far too long. The highest point on the was too controllable (as you stated in game, Auburn) with multiple sight lines running through the map from one end to the other was overpowering. This point on the map also lacked in a good approach/flanking route, it proved rather hard attack, that's all I can think of. I really like the maps aesthetic with the purple, looks great ;)

Ugliest is much cleaner than it's previous version for sure. I don't have much feedback for this map as I don't see anything wrong with it. Though I remember you mentioning that you wanted to add a connection from the snipe spawns connecting to top of blue/red base? You could probably add a teleporter or somethin of the sort, I'm not suree : / If you have the budget you could add a hard route maybe? But yea good map, Aubz

Aether has been awesome to test. Personally I was never a fan of the drop downs at top yellow. I feel they're just in an awkward position that occasionally eats you whole when you're in the heat of a fight : P There's nothing else I can comment on, most of it's problems were fixed. Good job, Zan : )

I didn't get a game on Ratchet last night, though I remember I had a 1v1 with you on this. The teleporter still bugs me though as you come out facing the balcony essentially making you temporarily blind from you left : / That is all I can remember. It's defiantly a really good map

I think that's all I played though : / Cheers, really enjoyed it :y:

Reactions: Auburn

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Not sure if you saw this thread, -Orzium-

Plum by Orzium was cool. I personally though the corridor from snipe is far too long. The highest point on the was too controllable (as you stated in game, Auburn) with multiple sight lines running through the map from one end to the other was overpowering. This point on the map also lacked in a good approach/flanking route, it proved rather hard attack, that's all I can think of. I really like the maps aesthetic with the purple, looks great ;)

I feel the exact same on the all the points he mentioned here. The map looks great with its coherent color, but IMO, you should incorporate some extra colors for more accurate callouts. They were a little difficult to make until I learned weapon locations (I used those instead to callout instead of colors). You know, kind of like how you did with the antennas in gold street.

That upper area Astiir mentioned was definitely a problem. Engagements varied from position to position initially, but as we all started to learn the design, we found ourselves constantly moving there. Personally, I would suggest a complete redesign with that position being more exposed, lowered some, and having stronger connections to red spawn. Of course, you could also manage with just tweaking the current design a little, too. Either way, I would recommend that you focus on making the approaches a little more viable and making the overall position a little less desirable.

Great map, mang.

EDIT:
r31GVYp.png
To reiterate with an image, that upper position's LoS cover every approach as well as power weapons. This approach is currently the most viable although its still not much, so perhaps you could expand upon it? If you manage to block the upper most LoS, you could incorporate a more secure route to that top position somewhere around here. It may also do some good to move or add another power weapon here to help make pushes on that position.