Halo The weapon Halo 4 needs...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Whether it be from your wildest imagination, a realistic variant, or previously debuted gun...

What is the weapon that Halo 4 needs?
(nothing is also an acceptable answer)
I'll begin with a few of my ideas, and of course you guys can add your own spin onto things.​
In no particular order:​
1. Mid-Ranged Automatic​
2. Vehicle Repairer​
3. Semi-Automatic Shotgun​
4. Proper Energy Drainer​
(I meant to write up a ton of stuff but accidentally posted this early!)​
So here it is now that I've typed it out.​
1. Mid-Ranged Automatic

Despite the recent updates to weapons, there's still a lack of range potential with the three primary loadout automatics. All the other precision weapons (for the most part) can accurately shoot five to ten times as long of a distance with no problems whatsoever. Although this split doesn't need to be resolved in terms of relative distance, it's pretty obvious on many maps when your Assault Rifle is outgunned by the Covenant Carbine for the sole reason of your own distance between your enemy being too far. Some weapon that works well between these ranges, while maintaining the integrity of both precisions and automatics in their own niches.

A hybrid of sorts would be the best option. Here are some of the features it could have:

- Small 2x magnification or "pistol" scope. The hip-fire crosshairs at longer distances shouldn't activate anyways.
- 450 RPM. This is slower than the 600 RPM AR for easier management of ADS recoil.
- 10-shot kill; 7 shots to the shield, 3 without. With the above RPM you're looking at around 1.30 second TTK, which is in-between both the AR and Carbine.
- Limited 25-round magazine. This forces more accuracy and less spraying.

2. Vehicle Repairer

In other games there are different ways to repair vehicles. Although it's never been implemented into Halo, its only fair if Plasma Pistols/Grenades are allowed to roam about BTB. So instead of your Secondary Weapon being a pistol, it could be a... Well you'll find a name. But for the sake of Star Wars nostalgia, we'll call it the Fusion Cutter.

Basically, direct contact with the vehicle with the Cutter will begin to mend up its wounds and restore the vehicle to 75% of its original total. By doing this it makes sure that certain forms of strong damage still have an impact, and that new vehicles are better than older ones. Also the repair rate will be exponential, to ensure that the status of the environment directly affects how fast you'll be able to heal the vehicle.

Notably this could be implemented well in Warthogs, giving an extra incentive for one to ride shotgun. They could repair the vehicle while they ride in it, increasing the long-term durability.

3. Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Really all they'd have to do is increase the fire cap on the Scattershot. It's pretty underpowered at the moment.

4. Proper Energy Drainer

Make the Pusle grenade drain faster, and also slow down whomever is in the field considerably.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Added in my four picks up top.
well in that case halo 4 needs confetti flash bangs

29130980.jpg

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I long for the days of the Halo CE Assault Rifle with its 64 round mag and its massive damage. That was a weapon that shined. I also wouldnt mind seeing the trip mine come back. That thing was so fun to lay down.

Something I think could add a different feel to the MP is AI driven artillary or mortars. Have them impact around the battlefield at the begining to help set up lines for each team then have an ordinance drop that the team earns (certain number of kills/assists) that drops in their base which they can then use like the target locator in Reach. Its a one shot deal but could break enemy lines if your being stomped or take out a vehicle or two. Would just have to tweek the amount of power weapons dropping in ordinace drops for individuals.