Map Preview The Silver Map Pack Current Runners - 2/15/13

Which version of Vengeful Guardian did you like?

• 4v4 Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither. Try something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi ya'll it's me again with another update. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a forger by the name of Sinogard Nunitsuj, or Sinonitsuj as my Gamertag says. Not too long ago I release my first ever map pack debuting in Halo 4. if you don't know what I'm talking about click here.. Now I have alluded to in several posts that, that map pack was just the start, even going as far as to say there will be a Silver map pack. So this is the official confirmation. Things are going well and I actually have three prototype maps already finished. Whether or not they will be in the map pack or just be honorable mentions will only be told in time.

Now I am still looking for Ideas for maps to build. To help me in this endeavor, I have created a thread here, called the random map generator( (See thread for details). So if you have a crazy map Idea that you want to see done or even just share head on over there and post it. Anything goes really as inspiration isn't definitive. In addition to that I also sought out help from Dax, yes that Dax, for idea's. He and some friends recently did a contest for which the submission deadline has unfortunately passed, but he was kind enough to hook me up with two ideas for a new map anyway. I went into forge and built the prototype. I deviated from his advice slightly once I noticed I was heading for a Halo 3 Guardian-esk remake. So here I am today with two different prototypes named Vengeful Guardian.

BtB Style Map - Dominion Supported
SinonitsujVengefulGaurdianbtboverview-15022013033836_zps9de806cc.jpg

SinonitsujVgbtbpic3-15022013034315_zpsc4f4400b.jpg

SinonitsujVgbtbpic2-15022013034159_zps6c95fd3d.jpg

SinonitsujVgbtbpic1-15022013034029_zpsfd2c736c.jpg

4v4 Style Map - Dominion Supported
SinonitsujVGPic3-15022013041240_zpscb4077d7.jpg

SinonitsujVGpic2-15022013041200_zpsed047f3c.jpg

SinonitsujVGpic1-15022013041128_zps68431952.jpg

SinonitsujVGOverviewshot-15022013041051_zps1d2a710d.jpg

So which one do you like the most? Answer the poll above and leave your vote. That got you hungering for more? Well good. Here's some pictures of a more finalized map known only as city.

SinonitsujCityovershot-15022013041610_zpsc4e824a6.jpg

SinonitsujCityPic3-15022013041759_zps38e201f7.jpg

SinonitsujCitypic2-15022013041724_zps988a5d38.jpg

SinonitsujCitypic1-15022013041650_zps2b6c38cb.jpg

Looks really good right? Well it plays 2v2 fantastically and can even play 3v3. But I think we all can agree that city is a pretty bland name and well doesn't fit the map entirely. It's more like a plaza than a city. So I ask you what do I call this thing? That's right you get to vote for the name. Here's how we're going to do this. If you have an Idea for the name of the map post it below. Then everyone as a community will like your post. The post with the most likes will win. The deadline for this is march 1st.

So what can you expect from this map pack? Well aside from an amazing time, you can look forward to maps built around dominion, a previously unsupported game type. The maps will once again come in 3 sizes. Small (3v3 to 2v2) Medium (4v4 to 5v5) and Large, (6v6 to 8v8). The maps will continue to support the rest of the game types save for Extraction (Coming in Gold).

Thank you all for reading! I hope you liked what you saw here today and hope many of you will continue to Follow me as I bring you more fantastic updates on the Silver Map Pack.

Have a good weekend,

S.N.

Reactions: RogerDodger
man internet you are not making my "job" easy. Just so you all know the poll is on several different sites and I just added them up and we are exactly even, with no votes on the "neither one" option... So get your freinds to vote. also check this out. If everything works out you might see one of these maps or something new.

The only thing I truly enjoy about halo 4 is map building... The game types are alright but... The real fun for me is building the maps and seeing other people enjoy them. It also helps that I challenge myself with each new map to keep things interesting.

Oh and an update for all of you. I completed a new BTB map on impact. that uses a lot less budget and is more capable of supporting other game types than the BTB Vengeful Guardian which I decided wont make the cut for this map pack. But if enough people like it, which it seems do, I will revisit it and attempt a new design.

I'm still looking for map ideas on all canvas maps. so feel free to share them either over PM or here.

Reactions: Titmar
Don't get me wrong Vengeful Guardian will still make an appearance but right now it still need a lot of work, which means it wont make it for the deadline. I'll be posting an update here in a bit which will include pictures of two new maps I have been working on.