Flood THE LONGEST WAY AROUND

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
THE LONGEST WAY AROUND (version AUBURN IS auburn) - A two-phase linear flood map for 10-12 players.

agDoWGJ.png

THE LONGEST WAY AROUND is a short, two-stage linear flood map built for 10-12 players. The intended story is that a group of survivors are taking refuge in the safe room inside the Western wing of an electrical power plant. When they begin to run low on supplies, they decide its time to make their way to the safer Northern wing. The main road that connects to two is caved in, however, so they are forced to take the long way around....

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Buddy and Zandril

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Auburn updated THE LONGEST WAY AROUND with a new update entry:

Update

• Scatter some more Assault Rifles across the map.
• Opened up a new route immediately leading to the first holdout from the initial flood spawns to give them some more options.
• The Saw now has 0 clips and has been moved to the cliff where the second Sniper Rifle was [Sniper has been moved to where Rockets originally were and Rockets have been moved to where the Saw originally was].
• The final teleporter spawns in 10s sooner now.

You can download the new version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Once I have my freaking computer back, I'll be sure to put this in the Database. It's about time that thing gets updated with some shiny, well deserving entries.

Reactions: Auburn

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri

Le Update

Mkay, made a couple of both large and small changes. I received some complaints about the map being a little too difficult for the flood, so I focused on that this time around.

FIRST HOLDOUT
• Flood initial spawn area is larger
• The upper railings now provide more cover
• Sniper now has no spare clips
• The bottom two crates are closer to the holdout
• Flood respawns are oriented better
• Flood routes are more defined
• Opened up the crate route (by removing the crate :p)

TANK RUN
• Flood...

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
There's still a couple things that need to change before I can deem this map as balanced. I would like to see another option for flood in the first phase. After the door opens I think there should be a slight delay on the next teleporter. This should get the humans moving because they'll be pushed forward by the flood. I feel like it was too much of a clusterf*ck trying to get coordinated after that door opens. It basically goes from being really easy to really difficult once that door opens. There is one more issue but it's not really anyone's fault. The tank damages humans. It's the same thing with Argile. What I did (not saying you have to do the same) is made the haven bigger so that the humans could comfortably stick to it without trying to ride on top of the tank or get too close to it. Let me know what you think of these suggestions. Map is really fun otherwise.

Reactions: Auburn and REMkings

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
There's still a couple things that need to change before I can deem this map as balanced. I would like to see another option for flood in the first phase. After the door opens I think there should be a slight delay on the next teleporter. This should get the humans moving because they'll be pushed forward by the flood. I feel like it was too much of a clusterf*ck trying to get coordinated after that door opens. It basically goes from being really easy to really difficult once that door opens. There is one more issue but it's not really anyone's fault. The tank damages humans. It's the same thing with Argile. What I did (not saying you have to do the same) is made the haven bigger so that the humans could comfortably stick to it without trying to ride on top of the tank or get too close to it. Let me know what you think of these suggestions. Map is really fun otherwise.

Sweet, thanks Pants. The whole flood options factor in the first holdout is a mixed bag imo. The humans don't have radar, so I don't want there to be any more than the current four approaches the flood can take. There were five at one point, and the holdout was a little overwhelming then. At the same time, though, I do want there to be more options for the flood as far as pushing on the humans goes.

That said, I noticed that there are two approaches that the flood never actually take from their respawn; the drop-down to crates and the route that takes them back to where the humans spawn at initially. I'd like to see a round where both those routes are really utilized before I start beefing anything up too much.

I agree, it was a bit of a clusterfuck lol. The way it works is that, rather than being set on a timer, the teleporter opens up when the survivors reach a certain point on the map. In this case, that point is about two steps out the door lol. I'll move that point a little closer to the tank to give everybody a little time to set up.

Yeah, the tank can definitely do more harm than good. I heard from Buddy that you could reduce the tank damage by setting fall damage to 0%. I think I had that set in our game, but I could be wrong. Of course, that might just not work either. Either way, I made the zone a lot larger. At the same time, though, its no longer visible. It seems more realistic that way and I think it'll set a stronger emphasis on keeping as close to the tank as possible.

Thanks again for the feedback, mang.

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri

Updates

• Incorporated some arrows to make the flood routes easier to find in the first holdout

• The first flood teleporter becomes available much later into the second run now

• The hill around the tank is much larger now, but its also not visible anymore

• Minor weapons tweaks here and there

You can download the newest version of the map...

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Auburn updated THE SHORTEST ROUTE POSSIBLE with a new update entry:

THE FINALIST OF ALL FINAL

Aight, this should be the final last update. I took a good look at the map in forge a couple days ago and came to the conclusion that the theme was not very well presented. I wasn't happy with it, at least. Seeing as how there were still a couple aspects that needing a good fixing, I decided to pull a Botany and reforge the map (well, not all of it).

The intended theme was that the survivors were attempting to travel to the other wing of this electrical corporation, but the main road that...

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Auburn updated THE SHORTEST ROUTE POSSIBLE with a new update entry:

FINAL

Aight, this should be the final last update. I took a good look at the map in forge a couple days ago and came to the conclusion that the theme was not very well presented. I wasn't happy with it, at least. Seeing as how there were still a couple aspects that needing a good fixing, I decided to pull a Botany and reforge the map (well, not all of it).

The intended theme was that the survivors were attempting to travel to the other wing of this electrical corporation, but the main road that...