• 1/5 Fart your lungs out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5 GO HOME!

• 3/5 Better than twilight!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hello one and all it is I Sinogard Nunitsuj, or Sinonitsuj as my gamer tag says, I am here to announce that in one weeks time the Gold Map pack and a few extras will be available for your hard drives nourishment. But I’m not going to give it to you all at once. Something like this must be savored. So we’ll start off today with Avalon, an amazing Map to behold.

History

Originally designed by Lightsout225, this architectural wonder was passed to me to forge. Lights helped out a bit and offered advice on portions of the map and approved each change. While the map has strayed from the original concept it has only gotten better. I must say that this is a new favorite of mine. It might even replace Delta Drain as number 1. I have spent so much time on this map. If you watch me on my streams you’ll see me look passed forty or so versions and alternates of just this map. I spent probably a good 40 hours on this map in forge alone with testing bringing it well above 100.

The first concept was easy. I had a 3d model sketch up of it to build from. But then I hit the object limit. The map was a straight line. While the line played well it had many flaws that prevented me from being content with it. I contacted lights and gave him some options. We discussed and he agreed to let me gut the two main bases. After some iterations the bases became complete and the sides filled out nicely. A few more iterations and vehicle spawns moved and bam, the map was near completion. Well to be honest that was the longest and hardest point in this maps construction. The spoiler below will show you my recommended changes and I’ll give a few guess as to which one we did.
1. I can do it as it is and try to brains storm some more Ideas on how to fix the LOS. (Started and nearly done but no ideas on how to finish.)

2. I can do it in a V shaped fashion branching out from the center structure with a wall between the two bases forcing entry into the center structure and forcing vehicles to go around the center structure.(Started but not very far.)

3. I can redesign the bases so that I have 4 building instead of two incorporating many of elements of the initial design while condensing/distributing them between two buildings. The reason for this would be to save budget and to make the buildings form around the central structure, offering more variety in attack paths and solving the LOS issue. These buildings would be connected via bridge. I believe this one would be the best bet as forge island is not perfectly circular and would require less work to create and allow me to get rid of that ugly brown rock floor. (Can be started and would like to try)
------------------------------------------------------
Base A ------Center Structure ----- Base B
------------------------------------------------------

- = Line of sight

The V would be something like this

-----------------------------------
------Center Structure-------
Base A -----[W]-----Base B

The base around the Centre Structure would be this

-------------------[w]-------------------
----Base 1a-------------Base 2b---
---Bridge--C.Structure--Bridge--
----Base 1b-------------Base 2a---
-------------------[w]-------------------

[w]=wall - = LOS

To elaborate as it stands the level is a straight line with cover along the line. I can't cover the entirety of the map with cover. I can try but the DMR will be to powerful and game play will become stagnate with DMR duels and no one going to anything other than a sniper and vehicals. at least this is my fear. With the new designs I would allow all weapons to be used effectively, at least this is the hope.

Description

The map is Symmetrical and immense. It has five main structures that offer unique benefits. The massive central structure gives you eyes all around the map but beware gravlifts offer quick and easy access. The two main bases offer lots of cover while also providing many paths for both infanty and vehicals and provides a gauss hog, a regular hog, and two mongeese. But not only that but each one has a gravlift leading straight into the central structure for safe travel. The Cliffside base offers a height advantage and a banshee which can be used to level the playing field. The last base offers supreme cover and ghost.

Now without further ado here’s the card!

Map Name: Avalon
Description: Far into the horizon, on the islands of Avalon, large structures reaching high into the sky look down on the world.

Supported Game Types: Slayer, Regicide, KOTH, ODDball, and CTF. If I could Dominion would also be included.
Best Game Type: CTF

Supported Lobby Size: 10-16 Players (2 Teams) 6-10 Players (FFA)
Supported Teams: Red and Blue

Initials: Rockets, Snipersx2, Sawsx2
Randoms: All nonstarters

Split Screen Friendly: No

Pictures

Thanks for reading,

S.N.