The Fall of Reach: A Proposal (Halo: Reach Invasion Group)

Parthenopaeus

Proficient
Feb 5, 2013
I am suggesting something: we should begin a Halo community based on Halo: Reach Invasion customs. I love the concept of Spartans vs. Elites, and I believe that the Invasion and Invasion Slayer game types have tons of potential that was left untapped in the glory days of Halo: Reach.

The Golden Age of Reach is gone, just like the planet... But what was the game about? The Fall of Reach.

Our community's title shall be The Fall of Reach, for we shall revisit Halo: Reach and create a wealth of unique Invasion and Invasion slayer maps, each distinct in its style and gameplay, to depict the battles that ultimate destruction of the planet Reach.

Our maps would be distinct: we would create many invasion sub-game types to accommodate different lobby sizes and map sizes and types. Invasion Slayer is a whole other animal: it is a a very... different ... game type, and never were there any maps specifically designed for its play and balance. Therefore, this game type was not very popular by any standard. HOWEVER, through clever map design and no small amount of ingenuity, I believe we can create a Spartans vs. Elites game that will add a whole new level of experience to our multiplayer.

Our Invasion maps would all be unique, with striking features and differences in gameplay as well as balance. My initial suggestion is a map I have been toying around with for a while, and if we could get together a community to consistently play Invasion customs, I would be spurred to complete this map. I called it Skyline (yes, before the Halo 4 map; in fact, before Halo 4 was released). It is based heavily on the levels of campaign Exodus and New Alexandria, focusing on battling in skyscrapers and aerial combat. This is something that has not been seen before and would leave a striking impression on any player. This type of uniqueness is what we will look for in every map.

Would you be willing to help me? Simply PM me, or leave message below. Once we have gathered the proper support, I will provide more information (organizational structure, game nights, projects, etc)

Parthenopaeus

Proficient
Feb 5, 2013
A simple follow up post, brainstorming:

Invasion Slayer could be a crazy fun game type; it was horribly unbalanced in many ways, though. However, the game type seemed kind of "tacked on" to me, and there never were any maps specifically catering to it. It has a ton of untapped potential... Perhaps we could use the Inv_gates object label to some effect here? I think one problem may be that the map itself never changed throughout the course of the phases, which is the opposite in Invasion. Possibly, the map could be confined to a smaller area that is more infantry-friendly for the first phase with many structures, then open up in the second phase, allowing passage through other parts of the map and now featuring more vehicle-friendly areas in addition to the infantry friendly, also complimented by a new set of spawn points and territories to capture. This way, the first phase wouldn't feel so spread out with everyone trying to walk to the same spot from desolate corners of the map without vehicles, but when vehicles come into play, players are given the room they need for vehicular bases combat.

Parthenopaeus

Proficient
Feb 5, 2013
I'm seriously sorry for my lack of attention. I've been busy and can't make a real commitment, but I do play Halo often... I could schedule a little get-together of Invasion games, if anyone is interested?

Parthenopaeus

Proficient
Feb 5, 2013
I'll see. For now I just need to find a weekend when I'm free.

How about for our first lobby we just gauge interest and play Invasion? It doesn't sound like a bad plan to me. We could discuss what direction we'd like to head, what really sells the Invasion game type for us, and just get our name out there.

Also, a good thing would be to come up with an "official" game type. I know that Invasion works well enough, but does anyone know of a (legal?) modded game type that disables Invasion team colors? I don't know about you, but I really don't need my teammates' armor to be blue to tell that they're on my team; I can tell the difference between an Elite and a Spartan.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I don´t know... Just play Invasion MM ! There are 5 good maps (Spire, Boneyard, Overgrowth, Refinery and trololol Breakpoint) which never get old.

I play Invasion since the beginning on a high level with the best Invasion players and it still just DOESN´T get lame! :potogold:
It is the best gametype in my opinion.

You know, there is no need for an invasion custom group, because it´s easier to get 5 friends than 11.
Your wishes just come a little bit too late in my opinion. 30000 people play HReach during a day.

Last edited: