Competitive The Defiance [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2013
Firstly, you need pics. No one enjoys reading about how a map is so great. They want to see it themselves. Without pics you will likely not get any interest in downloads. The only reason I downloaded the map was because it was a dominion map, which I thought people finally figured out was an intentionally unbalanced game type and I was surprised to find anyone forging for it any longer.

Your map has one interesting feature - the broken area of the space station. This gives a truly immersive feel for players that exit the confines of the corridors. But there isn't any other aspect of the map that is worth considering. the entire map will play like a hamster trail. No one likes playing in corridors. It lacks flanking abilities. It lacks laterally movement. It lacks vertical movement. It presents the feeling of a singular level through out. That is there are no competing levels to play against each other.

I had a map made of space station pieces that had very wide rooms, and people still felt like it was too confining because the ceiling was a single height through out. Even adding elevated area into the large rooms was inadequate. The space station palette was a huge step in the direction of immersion, but it simply wasn't planned well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy
Status
Not open for further replies.