Map Preview The Absence

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
First forge on Halo 4, from a newly joined member here on customs (GT: TheBloodbath22). Thanks for any and all thoughts, hopefully constructive.

The Absence is a close-quarters symmetrical arena, for FFA and Infinity Slayer. Though small, intended for 2 to 8 players. You are vulnerable anywhere in the hovering temple, restricting camping. Teams are divided on initial spawn, making communication necessary. Alright, let's take a look already:

IMG_1364.JPG

Please excuse the lower quality images, while I do not have a capture card. The cannons visible here allow a brief hover mid-air, which gives just enough time to score a winning shot on unsuspecting warriors on the second level, or to take a bullet to the head yourself. *Also note, teleporters at each corner of the map send to opposite corners on the second level, shown later below.

IMG_1365.JPG

Side view above.

IMG_1368.JPG

Here is the interior. Never mind the weapon placement, all have been replaced by ordnance drops. Pesky Reach forging habits. As you can see, base shields from Dominion objects and four red lights provide an ominous lighting to the interior.

The four columns they're attached to, helping to insist the claustrophobic feel to the map, have an opening--so you are protected, but with the right jump, if your aim proves true can secure a kill.

*Also note: while destroyed, that base shield at the bottom leads only to death. No one can claim the sword until the shield recovers from its initial ordnance drop.

IMG_1374.JPG

The second level. Never mind the weapons! As you can see, a single 1x1 block is all the cover you get, should make for some good old fashioned shootouts.

IMG_1381.JPG

The second level dips at the center exactly as the ground level does, allowing you to fall through a small gap to flee a shootout--but mind the kill ball, of course.

IMG_1378.JPG

And that's that. At the moment working on renewing my Xbox Live access, so it isn't available yet. However, when it is, it'd be great to have been polished by other Forge enthusiasts' thoughts. Plenty of thought was put into this little arena, and I look forward to your feedback. Thank you for reading!

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Hello, thanks! Are you regarding the second level, or the ground level? Those columns shown on the interior (ground level) cover you completely, to your head, but a leap allows for a jump shot. I assume you mean the top floor, which I meant to feel more spacious. You can also jump right off at any of the four sides. Is the second floor too open?

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Hello, thanks! Are you regarding the second level, or the ground level? Those columns shown on the interior (ground level) cover you completely, to your head, but a leap allows for a jump shot. I assume you mean the top floor, which I meant to feel more spacious. You can also jump right off at any of the four sides. Is the second floor too open?
Yes the second seems a little open. Wouldn't take much to make it smaller. Not as much as bottom but fairly open