Halo Team Community Grouping

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
I made this seeing how we are discussing the need for a community team that is filled with Elites from our barracks. I suggest we have 5 with 5-8 people so we always have people in the roles that need to be filled are
Sniper
Assault (Rushing)
Ninja
All Around Player
CQC
Objective

EmbarkingZeus

Resident Coffee Aficionado
Jan 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Meh, sure I'll sign up. I would say Assault would be my forte, so as long as I has some form of covering fire, I should be able to punch a hole in their lines

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Seems like there's a lot of distinctive roles here. From watching competitive play it seems to me like what you really need are good versatile players that fill one of two roles. Slayers, or objective. As much as it's great to have an awesome sniper, that player also needs to be a good shot with precision rifles and be good at calling out positions to his teammates so the team can identify roughly where the enemy will spawn and know how many players are alive at all times. If you're going to have people fill exact roles like cqc, you'll need to have someone aggressive who has good situational awareness and know when and when not to challenge. This is just from what I know from 4 v 4 though. What is the player count for S v C by the way?

Reactions: Great Mist 40

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Seems like there's a lot of distinctive roles here. From watching competitive play it seems to me like what you really need are good versatile players that fill one of two roles. Slayers, or objective. As much as it's great to have an awesome sniper, that player also needs to be a good shot with precision rifles and be good at calling out positions to his teammates so the team can identify roughly where the enemy will spawn and know how many players are alive at all times. If you're going to have people fill exact roles like cqc, you'll need to have someone aggressive who has good situational awareness and know when and when not to challenge. This is just from what I know from 4 v 4 though. What is the player count for S v C by the way?

I think its 6v6 anyways thanks! This will give us all a better understanding of how each role fills. I still think Flood is a good way to train a CQC player but again thanks!

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
By this, he means crouch in a corner with camo the entire game. :p
I do sometimes fight like this (not literally) in some Slayer games. In my strategy, the most important thing is to stay alive- kills and objectives are second priority.
...But I'll have you know that I led our team to victory in the Forge Cafe SvC. I was the only one on our team with a positive ratio (14-3), and I used my 'ninja' tactics to achieve this- proof that they are effective. I've even got the clip on my file share to prove it!

One other thing I pride myself on is vehicle driving. I can guarantee that I'd be your best man when it comes to driving a warthog.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I wanted a different name for the team. Angry Unicorns is too... meh.
Same. I was thinking of something a bit more... formal. Like "Fireteam Xiphos." Or Fireteam something- "Xiphos" was one of the first that came to mind, and it's got a pretty nice ring to it.
Angry Unicorns isn't that bad, though. I don't mind living with it.