Gaming State of Decay

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Fucking Hell. Sam just died too, and I just shot Alan. It's not looking like I'm going to make it through this time, especially with everybody being food poisoned.

You think that's bad, my people are complaining that there are too many zombies.
And that I need more space.
And, that I need more outposts.
I hate my people...

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I was interested but unfortunately I want the AAA version which isnt comming out for a while. I love the idea of building my safe house into a fortress and defying mobs of zombies.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I was interested but unfortunately I want the AAA version which isnt comming out for a while. I love the idea of building my safe house into a fortress and defying mobs of zombies.

Apparently, SoD is a stepping stone towards Undead Labs dream of a console MMO zombie survival game. And it really is worth the price. It's pretty in depth for an arcade game.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I'm seriously getting this game, but I feel like I need a little more convincing. I played the demo up until the point where you come back with the medicine for what's-his-name until the demo timed out. I kind of enjoyed it, but felt like I didn't get to see all that the game had to offer.

So in terms of survival/planning/atmosphere how does this game figure out?

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
So in terms of survival/planning/atmosphere how does this game figure out?

The looting is interesting, because everything is random. You can find a treasure of supplies and weapons, or a pile of worthless junk.
At night, the atmosphere is pretty tense. During the day, it's a little easier. However, cars kind of break the game against most zombies and special infected.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Apparently, SoD is a stepping stone towards Undead Labs dream of a console MMO zombie survival game. And it really is worth the price. It's pretty in depth for an arcade game.

I know it is a stepping stone to a AAA game. That is why I am excited about it, I am just not excited to spend money on it. If it were considered an open alpha or beta test which is free I would be all over it right now. Unfortunately I am just not willing to pay to play something that is incomplete. Interesting or no I just cant spend hard earned money like that.