Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (Latest details - What do we want?)

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Hey guys, as most of you may already know I personally like spreading news or general content over video, rather than text, so right here I'm going to plug this video from my channel that describes the latest news (as of August 2013) concerning the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game.

However, I don't want to just leave you guys with a video, so I'm going to elaborate a little more here, if you're interested in reading;​
So, as you now know, perhaps by listening to the video, or thanks to your own discoveries, this upcoming Star Wars game, targeted for a 2015 release will in fact be a reboot of the series rather than a sequel. Simply sticking to this concept, what kind of things to you think we can generally expect from this game, since so few details are currently at our disposal?​
(No Facts Beyond This Point - Simply Speculation and Sharing of Thoughts)
Then, to continue this question bombardment, what kind of things would you like to see in this game? I personally want to see the return (and obvious revamp) of some of the best maps, such as Hoth, Endor, Utapau, etc... However, I would also like to see a lot of the vehicles from the previous games return. The jedi would be a curious element to see make a return (lol anybody get the pun?) but I suppose this will truly depend on how many players will be in a game (perhaps 64 like Battlefield 4) and whether there will be A.I in the game or not.​
Anyways, there's truly a lot of things to contemplate on what we may be seeing in this game since there are so many subjects to discuss (Space Battles, Jedi, A.I, Third-Party Teams, Gameplay Perspective, Campaign, Potential involvement of Episode VII elements, Future Titles, and plenty more). Therefore, I look forward to seeing what you guys think on the subject and on what you believe we should expect from this upcoming game. Please share your thoughts.​

Shanon

Proficient
Dec 31, 2012
California
What do I want?

The original Battlefront formula worked so well that I don't really see much need for improvement. Sure, updated vehicles and graphics. Maybe even a new game mode or two. That's kind of a given.

One thing I do want significantly improved would be the Jedi mechanics. I want more variation in what they can do, their hack and slashing was always the same. It was just way too easy to mow down through an enemy squad.

What I want: no Jedis. Just the regular troopers, pilots, etc. Heroes/villains with guns such as Han Solo and Boba Fett are an okay fit.
sam, having to play as luke skywalker or darth vader is what makes battlefront a good star wars game and now we have companies like DICE and EA to make the game ten times better(but if they won't let you play as jedis i'll still get the game)

what i think the next star wars battlefront game should have

#1.there should be a hardcore mode(like in battlefield)that only let you play in 1st person view(unless if your playing as a jedi)​
#2.you can customize your stormtrooper,clonetrooper, rebel solider,etc(like in halo 4 and BF3)​
#3.there should be vehicle classes(except for special vehicles like the AT-AT)​
#4.the weapons(for the solider class)should not fire as if they were AK-47s(that was a problem in SWBF2)​
#5.the capital ships such as star destroyers should have shields over the hanger that is required to be overpowered otherwise your transports would blow up if they attempt to board​

Sam The Great

Master
Jan 9, 2013
United States
sam, having to play as luke skywalker or darth vader is what makes battlefront a good star wars game and now we have companies like DICE and EA to make the game ten times better(but if they won't let you play as jedis i'll still get the game)
I liked Battlefront more than it's sequel. I don't see how getting to play as those guys makes it a good Star Wars game, especially when other Star Wars games (Jedi Knight as an example) did the Jedi thing better. I just think the focus should be on the soldiers, that's what was unique about Battlefront when it came out. All Star Wars games before it were either about Jedis or heroes.

Anyway, I agree with Tomtris. I don't want this to be Battlefield 5. I don't want there to be "Premium" and microtransactions. I don't want there to be so many guns and attachments that the developers can't possibly balance them (like Battlefield 3 and 4). I don't want Operation Metro-like maps. And I want all the maps to be designed first and foremost for Conquest.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I really hope it has A.I. Alot of you know I didn't have Xbox Live until 4 years ago and I spent around 40 hours playing against Battlefront A.I with my dad. Thats the only way I ever played it, besides that I'd like all the factions(and some new like tusken-raiders for example) to remain and maybe add some on certain maps. With the power of next-gen three large teams on a map shouldn't be too much an issue. Last thing, since its EA I'd love a Volus(from Mass Effect) Easter egg.

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
I for one am glad that this is a reboot. I didn't grow up with it like some of you people did, and I haven't even played any of them, so this is great that DICE can expand up battlefront for another generation.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I for one am glad that this is a reboot. I didn't grow up with it like some of you people did, and I haven't even played any of them, so this is great that DICE can expand up battlefront for another generation.

I would suggest getting Battlefront 2 for your 360, even if you just play it once its an extremely cheap game now. Besides everyone should play on Kashek(I know I spelled that wrong) atleast once.

Jan 16, 2013
I would suggest getting Battlefront 2 for your 360, even if you just play it once its an extremely cheap game now. Besides everyone should play on Kashek(I know I spelled that wrong) atleast once.

the PC version still has working multiplayer with 64 player online play....

Is a no brainer to own this version of the game to be honest.

(PS2 version is still online too funnily enough) :p

The xbox version is the rarest of the 3 (so costs more to buy) and has no online play, so seriously... avoid this version :)