Map Preview Spindletop

Did you like Spire in Reach?

• Yes, but I would rather not see what you whip up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but really interesting concept. I will try the map.

• No, dont attempt this monstrosity!

• Total voters

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I just came up with this when someone mentioned spire on a thread. Spindletop is going to be a casual/competitive map based off of spire. The central portion will be a large tower accessible by banshee and grav lift. I plan on using the ravine canvas because of the natural trench inset into the map. I plan on it being played in larger lobbies. It will support Dominion, Extraction, Flood, Oddball, Griffball, CTF, KOTH, Slayer, and Regicide, basicly all gametypes. I am not currently looking for co-forgers, but I may start looking in the future. I will not put a time limit on when I am going to start testing this map.

You may be wondering: How will Spindletop be different than spire? Well, other than the name, the forging capabilities at the momment, and the canvas, Spindletop will have a different aesthetic look than spire. It will be a UNSC-themed oil plant on Arcadia that was abandoned during the Human/Covenant war. When they returned, they learned that the facility had malfunctioned. It has now been converted into a infantry war-games field.

So if you look foreward to this map, want to supply some tips, or just want to say hi, please comment.

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
evergreen948 said:
Spire was a great map, one of reach's best. Cant wait to see this map when it's done.
Thanks for the encouragement! I liked spire, too(even though I didnt have gold while my reach still worked). I think you saw this, but this map is based off of Spire, not a remake. I hope it works, too.