Mini Game Speedrun [Minigame]

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Love the map. I'm curious if there is a way that I can modify settings so that the round ends when all players die. I want to have a version where I can do solo runs and also one that allows a player to keep progressing even if he is the last one in a large lobby. My first instinct was obviously to increase the score to win, and this allows the final player to progress until he dies. The only remaining issue is that if everyone dies the round doesn't end until the time runs out. Does this seem possible to you?

Yeah I had this problem too when i wanted to practice on my own. As you said, start by setting score to unlimited. I didn't find a way around the time you have to wait after you die, but thinking about it now, if you enabled teams, and then changed your team each time you died, it might end the round. Obviously disable teams again when playing with a lobby. Hope this helps in some way :)

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Yeah I had this problem too when i wanted to practice on my own. As you said, start by setting score to unlimited. I didn't find a way around the time you have to wait after you die, but thinking about it now, if you enabled teams, and then changed your team each time you died, it might end the round. Obviously disable teams again when playing with a lobby. Hope this helps in some way :).

I tried the changing teams method and it actually will end the game rather than end the round. I ended up modifying the map yesterday and made it a race to get the oddball at the very end. I set up 5 different checkpoints using teleporters so if you fall you only go back a little bit. Let me know if you are interested in getting this modified version.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
I tried the changing teams method and it actually will end the game rather than end the round. I ended up modifying the map yesterday and made it a race to get the oddball at the very end. I set up 5 different checkpoints using teleporters so if you fall you only go back a little bit. Let me know if you are interested in getting this modified version.

So no hill then? Wouldn't that be too easy? Or i suppose you have to keep up with other people instead of a hill... And I had a feeling it ended something or other; round, game, whatever aha

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
So no hill then? Wouldn't that be too easy? Or i suppose you have to keep up with other people instead of a hill... And I had a feeling it ended something or other; round, game, whatever aha
Correct, no hill. You are right that the challenge is now to keep up with your competitors rather than the hill. As soon as someone touches the ball the round will end. I think it's ideal for practicing as it lets you experience the end of the course consistently.

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan