Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Firefight

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Lot's of people think firefight sucks and should not be part of the halo games. Personally I love firefight, and I am very sad it is not in Halo 4. What do you think?

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
I loved Firefight.

I also love spartan ops.

But i do miss the difficulty of Firefight. SpOps is just way easier because it doesn't matter if you die.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

Jaisen Kueser

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
I loved firefight and wish they'd kept it in Halo 4 but I do like Spartan Ops. Looking forward to episode 6.

Custom firefight in reach was so much fun too..

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Arcade Fight in Halo: Reach was the Shiiiit!

It was soooo fun to play, instead of just playing your everyday matchmaking.

And Spartan Ops gotten boring after like, the first episode.

Mr Rogers4

Master
Jan 21, 2013
Utah
I dearly miss Firefight because you can customize it like a custom game and other thing Firefight brings.
SpOps was pretty good with trying to keep a side story and a good alternate, but Firefight was classic beyond classics.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I think that the Reach Firefight lacked something that ODST had. I liked some of the customization that came with Reach, but things like bottomless clip or invulnerability shouldn't have been added. Now my preference is Firefight if done correctly, that being said I loved SpOps.

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Firefight is infinitely better. I think they should run ODST FF on the current engine. Let you play as an ODST and make it have a particular tone instead of just feeling like a crappy campaign expansion. Also, I miss Choppers :(

@90's - buy ODST dude.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Firefight is better. Why?

In Firefight, players take survival into account which is something that Spartan Ops doesn't promote.
Players have limited lives and have to work together (in co-op) to survive.

Spartan Ops is fun with the story and the new characters. But there, players don't have to think about having to survive. They have infinite lives for crying out loud. I think Spartan Ops would've worked better if it was similar to COD's Spec Ops mode (which is the only thing I like in COD)

But I don't think 343 should've used Spartan Ops to replace Firefight. They should have kept both. It would've been something that the community would like them for. Or, you know, hate them less for.

Reactions: FrozenGoathead

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Lot's of people think firefight sucks and should not be part of the halo games. Personally I love firefight, and I am very sad it is not in Halo 4. What do you think?

Both , need I say more?

Arcade Fight in Halo: Reach was the Shiiiit!

It was soooo fun to play, instead of just playing your everyday matchmaking.

And Spartan Ops gotten boring after like, the first episode.

Apparently I need to say more. As much as you're entitled to your opinion Tommy boy , Halo Reach's FF got boring and repetitive. ODST is where it was at , great game and great co-op arcade type game too. The thing that put me off Reach's FF ( and Cobra has already stated it ) was the options , some were pretty good but bottomless clips and invulnerability just put me off it.

Also the thing about Spartan Op's is that it's story based and unless you're willing to put up with the button pressing and eggheads to get more out of Halo's canon ( which btw I'm immediately biased here because its super awesome ) , then there is no point in playing it.Also the first episode was to get players who may have jumped the gun on campaign and headed straight for SpOp's and make it similar to an introduction to the game overall ( also those cinematic's :heart: ).

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I almost made a huge post in here earlier about this stuff but now that I gave myself time to think about it I reduced it down a bit.

I feel that people are looking at this subject the wrong way (yes that is my opinion, not fact). Spartan Ops wasnt intended to replace anything. It is its own new beast. Its a mini campaign that helps bridge the gap between Halo 4 and Halo 5. While the story is short and to the point it has some characters in it that are meaningful and in the end provide (to me at least) a far better teaser than the one they showed at E3. That was Spartan Ops intention. It had a reason to be played through and it had an end to each mission before it got stale. Just like the regular campaign.

Firefight was an addition that allowed gameplay against an AI outside of the campaign. That is all well and good however the lack of any real objective keeps me from finding too much fun in it. After a while it becomes a chore to play. Yes I loved ODST's firefight (the night levels were awesome) but as the game went on and on it became less and less entertainment and more of a chore. I cant count the amount of drones I have mowed down in firefight but it does get old.

Honestly I feel the same about any MP. It gets old as it is basically the same thing over and over again with no point to it in the end. At least with a story you get to see character development and a reason to continue playing the missions.

Thats besides the point any way. It seems like people are trying to compare a hot rod to a speed boat. Sure both are awesome and you get great pleasure out of both of them but they are both very, very different things. There is no possibility of comparison as they are designed for different things. Same thing with Spartan Ops and Firefight. One doesnt replace the other, they are too different for that kind of thing.

Iv DM4STER vI

Proficient
Mar 3, 2013
I personally want both to return. I miss the customization in Reach's firefight but Spartan ops when it was going kept the game new and fresh with story elements that might (if you've played the season finale) have dramatic impacts on the
Halo 5 story. I can't compare them honestly.

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Come to think of it... I mean, yeah SpOps should have a limited lives mode, but... so should campaign. That would actually be pretty challenging in some areas. If it reset you to the beginning if you quit, you couldn't just quit and resume from checkpoint to avoid death and limited lives would be a sort of watered-down 'complete x level on y difficulty without dying waypoint challenge' but as a game mode. I suppose in a fashion it has in the effect of the Iron skull, but limited to one life, and only in single-player.