Map Preview Silex

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Silex is a symmetric map built for 4v4.

In the few tests I ran on this map, it played pretty well. But it's still a work in progress so a lot of things are subject to change.

There are two bases for each team in the map, a center structure, and a small base for sword spawn.

The Rocket Launcher spawns in the center and is quite a task to acquire at the start of the match. This is because players will be flowing to the center at the beginning to create a firefight for the rockets.

Link to map beta: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/f6a08446-50b2-4a0e-9a38-666c0e032e85

Weapons

- Rocket Launcher

- Sniper Rifle

- Energy Sword

SCREENSHOTS

z1O29Au.jpg

9YXbJa1.jpg

R3nmC0W.jpg

e9Eq1ME.jpg

IghA1Y5.jpg

NaoXkGg.jpg

91PBpNu.jpg

Reactions: CrimmyZ and IroKnee

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Haven't played this one yet. It looks spacious enough to fit 4v4 nicely, although I can see where you ran into issues with Ordinance. Have you considered an OS instead? Moving that far into the center means you're sacrificing your livelihood... especially with those long sight lines. Not sure about other outside initials, I couldn't find a good place for them myself based on the overhead.

I've noticed a common aesthetic theme on your maps: 1. Those "bushes" along the tops of rock walls, 2. colored Ext. Cylinders, and 3.Large Walkway Covers put upright into the ground. Isn't that strange :p

Reactions: Zandril

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Haven't played this one yet. It looks spacious enough to fit 4v4 nicely, although I can see where you ran into issues with Ordinance. Have you considered an OS instead? Moving that far into the center means you're sacrificing your livelihood... especially with those long sight lines. Not sure about other outside initials, I couldn't find a good place for them myself based on the overhead.

Definitely did run out of places to put ordnance. I'll try replacing the Rockets with OS and then see how it plays. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've noticed a common aesthetic theme on your maps: 1. Those "bushes" along the tops of rock walls, 2. colored Ext. Cylinders, and 3.Large Walkway Covers put upright into the ground. Isn't that strange :p[/quote]

A map's gotta have a bush.:)

Reactions: CrimmyZ and IroKnee

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com

I've noticed a common aesthetic theme on your maps: 1. Those "bushes" along the tops of rock walls, 2. colored Ext. Cylinders, and 3.Large Walkway Covers put upright into the ground. Isn't that strange :p

With the recent update I made to this map (check OP), I think I fixed my ordnance problems. Sightlines have also been improved.

Reactions: IroKnee

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
With the recent update I made to this map (check OP), I think I fixed my ordnance problems. Sightlines have also been improved.
Removing those hangouts off the side helps reinforce the center-based ordinance, while fixing the LoS makes rocket push easier. Idk if I have any other pertinent advice, just test it out and see what's next.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I'm hosting a lobby to test maps (Not just my maps. I noticed that lobbies that test just one person's maps don't usually become sucessful). I posted the small map FCCGN yesterday. You joining?
Right, I guess "all your maps" meant "Silex, Pralawut and H-thingy" (Latin stuffs >.>).
I can come about half-way into Friday's Lobby.
If you don't mind, I also have a minigame that I'd like to test with a small group of people. It's almost done and ready for a map post :eek: