Halo Relay in matchmaking?!

theChief

Proficient
Jan 11, 2013
So in the latest bulletin, BS Angel told us a few awesome things: team doubles, infinity CTF, file share actually works in game... Then I saw that relay is going to be a permanent map. Why would they do this?! I swear everything I've heard about that map fits in with my opinion about it: it sucks the metaphorical balls. Now I'm not one to rant, usually, but come on. I thought 343i were supposed to be listening to feedback on it?!

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
I've only played one game on Relay so far.

I found that i had no motivation at all to move toward the middle of the map. There's no reason.
I sat back in safety with a DMR and picked off all the people stupid enough to run out there.
I nearly had a perfection.
I got FRG twice in my ordnance and started making people mad so they eventually rushed me and i got a couple deaths.
But, COME ON. any map where a BAD PLAYER like myself is able to own that hard... it has issues.

Reactions: theChief

Vincent Torre

Torre up from the floor up!
Dec 23, 2012
Denver, CO
www.MickRaider.com
This is what happens when you invite people to forge who've never made a good map before and take whatever they poop out in a couple hours.

Also this is what happens when the people who design the game maps don't actually touch forge.

Reactions: theChief

theChief

Proficient
Jan 11, 2013
I'm not usually one to rant, but they screwed up big time there xD there are so many maps that are much better :(

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
It's not worth voting for. Honestly, the best maps in the playlist are probably Despair, Shutout, and MAYBE Scythe. Scythe has a very Halo: CE feel to me, and I enjoy that a lot, but it just doesn't entirely mesh with 4. And Relay is honestly a good map that was half-done. If It had a second level or was semi-enclosed or something, it would be awesome. As it is, there's no reason to go in the middle, DMR's rape the map, and it's fucking hard to see anything from the light glare off the shittily-textured UNSC blocks. -__-
If someone could change it, it could probably be a really good map. But it SUCKS as-is.