Lobby Recap Recap for 5v5 CTF Map Testing 12/6/13

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
Wildfire
  • With the new spawn change, the map played a lot better in my opinion. I still feel like the flag away spawns should be focused just outside of the base rather than inside, but with only a couple of games played with the new spawns I could be wrong. But yeah, BIG IMPROVEMENT from the last test. :y:
Panic Attack
  • Honestly, Squally's cover suggestion did NOTHING. :p When we got the team's balanced out and played the second game though, we finally got to see some higher scoring done from both teams. It might have just been the players actually trying to push the flag out as opposed to killing each other the whole game (which I'll admit, I've been guilty of myself during previous games on this map), but I don't see much more that can be done to this map. It's damn near as good as it'll get in my book.
Select
  • CTF is a blast on this map! Narrows was always my favorite CTF map in Halo 3 and as a successor this map delivers. While I didn't notice anything wrong with the map, I do remember some minor complaints about the flag away spawns. I loved it though.
Final Comments:

Every single one of these maps are great CTF maps. I honestly enjoyed every game, even when the teams were a bit imbalanced in the beginning. If you ever need to test one of these maps again, I'd love to come help out. ;)

WARHOLIC

Expert
Jan 2, 2013
New York City
Wildfire - I'd like to see the Green side rock architecture seem more organized with the routes. Grenades near rockets could be pushed further down the ramp. I felt a general lack of positioning in the middle. When I got on top of the Rock 3 pillars, I couldn't hold my position there easily. The slanted Rock 3 was the better choice to obtain cover in middle, however the LoS became a stretch when engaging distant opponents. I found that bottom purple became a good control point for the map when trying to maintain presence in the middle due to the amount of safety. I quite liked it because it was a contestable area and control shifted quite a bit. So in general Rock 3 slant at green was my preferred place to hold on the map, I just wish the LoS from there was closer to the enemy base. I'd like to see a more dedicated central power position to put shots on the roof of the enemy base thats not as far away. You could try removing the tree blocking the LoS from Rock 3 pillar at green to the top bases. Cool map so far, I like the bases, bottom purple, the ghost jump and the lift to demotivate players from running the flag green all the time.

Panic Attack - Love the new route you placed on the west side of each base and the additional crates for spawning/cover. I'm also so happy you made the decision to expose flag to top mid and other areas in the middle. Although I wasn't able to make any clutch stops at the end via those openings, it kept me fighting and continually engaged to the last second. I dig the yellow and glad you embraced it throughout.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Unfortunately my internet cut out on me and when I got it back up the lobby was full ;( so I only got to play Wildfire.

Wildfire: The updated spawning seems solid; I didn't notice any problems on that front. I like the aesthetics of the map, particularly the "acid fall". I am really happy with the weapons on the map along with their placement as well and I think the push for rockets is quite fun and unique with a great little flank route bottom purple (which I used regularly :)) My only problem with the map is the teleporters. I think they work just fine, but it should be more obvious where the outlets are. Make some kind of visual cue that could let people know "a teleporter leads here".

Great work overall, Fated!