Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Purgatory
1-PurgatoryIntro_zps7a5b7f8b.jpg
Map Creator: Robius5991
Map Variant Link: Purgatory
Gametype: Infinity Slayer (But once its finished it will also have Flood and KotH)
1-Overhead2_zps9eb95001.jpg
This is the basic overhead layout of the map. I've marked the initial spawns for players and the weapons. There are also Plasma grenades and Random Drop ordinances, but I didn't mark these.
---
Important Information:
-First of all, it is important to note that the initial weapons; Sniper Rifle (x1) and Railguns (x2), do not actually respawn, but are instead replaced with random drops. These will offer the same weapons with an odd chance of slipping in either a Beam Rifle or Scattershot respectively. Additionally, there are different random drops scattered throughout the map, encouraging a continuous flow of combat. Like I mentioned above, there are also two Sticky Grenade spawns, which are on a standard respawn counter. Lastly, thanks to the set up of Ravine, higher levels of BtB weapons; i.e: Binary Rifles and Incineration Cannons, are extremely unlikely in personal ordinances.

-Another important note is that this map is a re-imagination "Airport" from Crysis 3. Originally it was supposed to be a re-make, however due to the rather drastic gameplay differences in the games, I had to change it profusely to make it more fitting for Halo and now it has become a rather different map all-together!

-The main reason this map is currently in the "Preview" thread is because it has just been submitted to the "Meet Your Maker" contest, and I thought I'd do a reveal here. I still plan on tweaking a lot more of the map in the future, but I just don't have the time before the contest. Anyways, once this is finished, I imagine Flood (or one of its variants) will be the main gametype for the map, but it will also support Infinity Slayer and King of the Hill (perhaps even Regicide) as secondary gametypes.
-Last of all, I really want to thank a group of my friends who were awesome enough to help me out with this map. This was actually my first official Competitive map published and it's only thanks to them that I was able to finish it in such a great way, and so I want to thank the following people; Hushed Behemoth, Minister Muffin, SammichEaterPro, Squally DaBeanz and CANADIAN ECHO!

Additional Screenshots

1-RedSpawn_zps63d2c534.jpg
Red Team Spawn, near the Airplane.
1-BlueSpawn_zps2684516c.jpg
Blue Team Spawn, near the Bridge.
1-Airport_zps15d3c8ef.jpg
Inside of the Airport Building.
1-Airport2_zps3d640594.jpg
Bridge and Storage entrance points to the Airport.
1-BackBuilding_zpsb90ee449.jpg
Balcony Exit point and lower garage exit. Side entry-point to the plane (left).
1-RightWing_zps9cb55897.jpg
Balcony perspective. Broken plane engine (Right Wing) and side entry-point into the plane.
1-Plane_zpsdca50acb.jpg
Inside of the plane, with side entry-point on the left, front exit behind and back exit at the end of the picture.
1-Plane2_zps12a5073f.jpg
Plane Tunnel-entry-point on the right and exit at the far back.
1-RearBuilding_zpsb2a074f0.jpg
Comms Building behind the plane
1-Lift_zps022c3d10.jpg
Blue Team Gravity Lift, with access to Airport. Located next to the Bridge.
1-Bridge_zps0dc172cc.jpg
Bridge overview and adjacent Airplane terminals.
1-LeftWing_zps2523c44c.jpg
Left Wing incline, giving access to the top of the Airplane.
1-Balcony_zps087023f2.jpg
Destroyed terminal roof, leading up to the top of the Airplane.

Reactions: RogerDodger

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
This was tested in Fragsturbait 's lobby, right? If there's anything you'd like me to include in the recap, I'd be welcome to include it.

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
This was tested in Fragsturbait 's lobby, right? If there's anything you'd like me to include in the recap, I'd be welcome to include it.
Yeah, we did test it out in Frag's lobby. You can include it in the recap if you like, actually that would be pretty cool! I don't have any preference about what you put in though.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
This one is a lot of fun. Not the most competitive map, but an amazing aesthetic piece that just so happens to play Team Slayer really really well. Let me know when you start testing Infection on it. I want summa dat.

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
oh my god :D the combination of aesthetics and gameplay are breathtaking, reminds me of the crysis 3 map airport! have to play this
Exactly the thing that inspired it, however as I said, I really had to change a lot of the map to make it playable and fun.

This one is a lot of fun. Not the most competitive map, but an amazing aesthetic piece that just so happens to play Team Slayer really really well. Let me know when you start testing Infection on it. I want summa dat.
Thanks Frag, I'll be sure to include you in the Flood tests. I imagine they will be a blast - I'm actually really excited to see how this will play on Flood (or a variant).

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
Dude... this looks amazing. Let me know when you want to run that infection test as well. I'll be happy to help you test it out.

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
Amazing map Robius! havent tlked to you in a little while. i see youve been quite busy.. haha amazing aesthetics definitely reminds me of crysis 3 like 110%

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Dude... this looks amazing. Let me know when you want to run that infection test as well. I'll be happy to help you test it out.
Thanks Master, I'll be sure to try and contact you for the flood test.

Amazing map Robius! havent tlked to you in a little while. i see youve been quite busy.. haha amazing aesthetics definitely reminds me of crysis 3 like 110%
Thanks 0micron! I'm really glad you like it and I appreciate the compliments! :)