Map Preview Puhmaria

Hey guys, I've been working on this 4v4 map for a little while, and I finally have it mostly done layout wise. It just needs spawns and weapon placements to be a playable map. However, I'm just so pumped about it, I wanted to show it off a little before I finish that. So I got some screenshots and took a little video of what I have so far, and I'd appreciate any thoughts you may be able to offer. It's my attempt at making a 4v4 map with verticality. Similiar to my 1v1/2v2 map Urnham, that had 4 different levels.

If you want to download it and have a run about, just look it up in my fileshare. My gamertag is MelnykMachine, and the map name is Puhmaria on Erosion

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to offer.

Screens:
Puhmaria10_zps73307905.jpg

Puhmaria9_zpsc47420af.jpg

Puhmaria8_zps18b33f6f.jpg

Puhmaria6_zps1f6d4552.jpg

Puhmaria4_zpsc6a11506.jpg

Puhmaria3_zpsf2310d5a.jpg

Puhmaria2_zpsc02c6d7a.jpg

Puhmaria1_zpsbfa4597b.jpg

Puhmaria_zpsd349a6a2.jpg

Reactions: SGC

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
The building looks awesome, the map looks very smooth and aesthetical with all the ramps and areas; the idea with the use ot the trait zones is sweet! but you really need to put a marker or sth else there, so that people, who actually dont know where the trait zones are, can understand, that its an elevator ;) will teams spawn on different areas or do they start on the same height? could you go the top only using the general ramps? (that is necessarily) ... thats so far :y:

My plan was to have the initial spawns at the bottom on each respective end. The respawn points will be on various levels though. That way, when the match starts, the teams start at the bottom and can work towards the top where there will probably be a good power weapon. However, depending on the level of teamwork, teams can take different routes and cut off the other team at a different spot. My goal is to have the possibility of either delayed chaos if each teams follow the symmetrical spiral (Yes, you CAN get to the top just following all the ramps), or instant chaos if both teams take the jumplifts.

Also as for marking them, Yah, I plan to put some capture plates down so people know they can jump there. Also, once I finish ALL the building parts, I'll try to use pieces to make arrows in the walls, just to help make it more obvious.

Reactions: Budddyyy

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Looks pretty cool. I haven't seen many maps with this level of versatility incorporated into them, so it should make for some quite interesting gameplay. Good luck forging the rest ;)