• Yes but seek advice from more experienced forgers

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jcannon95

Expert
Mar 29, 2013
United Kingdom
So after some play testing myself and a few others have decided there is to much ordnance on the map. We've agreed that there should be a sword on the light bridge ( well to be fair that's just our personal preference ) and a railgun up top as rockets were just over kill.

You may want to remove the saw's and snipers as well ( it just limited the chances of winning engagements ). and the map plays fairly well with around 4-8 people. So nice job on the map Cannon :y:.

Ah! It got tested :D, So ordinance is one part of forging I personally struggle with so your suggesting remove and replace the rocket launcher with a railgun and swap out the SAW for a energy sword, that's easy enough done :) and I didn't expect the map to play up to 8 so thats good, Ill keep the needlers for now and do some more testing see how they play out, was thinking of swapping one of the needlers for a sticky detonator but I would need to try it out first,

Thanks for all the feedback guys it helps a lot feel free to message me if you want help testing any of your maps and ill be happy to help if I have the time ;)

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Ah! It got tested :D, So ordinance is one part of forging I personally struggle with so your suggesting remove and replace the rocket launcher with a railgun and swap out the SAW for a energy sword, that's easy enough done :) and I didn't expect the map to play up to 8 so thats good, Ill keep the needlers for now and do some more testing see how they play out, was thinking of swapping one of the needlers for a sticky detonator but I would need to try it out first,

Thanks for all the feedback guys it helps a lot feel free to message me if you want help testing any of your maps and ill be happy to help if I have the time ;)

Well we played it with 3 people and it was fun , though I expect it to be playable with up to 8 people. I'd say try and test it with those weapons I've suggested so you're not putting to much ordnance in the map.

SGC

Permabanned
Hey mate, so jcannon95 I really thought your map was very aesthetically pleasing however there was too much ordinance on my screen as a result I recommend to you that you make certain weapons placed on the map rather than using ordinance as it resulted in my just getting a ton of power weapons and kicking both adderrson and SOLIDSNAKEee asses which made them... well mad at me but overall good job I'd give you a rating of 8.5 :y:

Jan 16, 2013
Hey mate, so jcannon95 I really thought your map was very aesthetically pleasing however there was too much ordinance on my screen as a result I recommend to you that you make certain weapons placed on the map rather than using ordinance as it resulted in my just getting a ton of power weapons and kicking both adderrson and SOLIDSNAKEee asses which made them... well mad at me but overall good job I'd give you a rating of 8.5 :y:

It didn't help that you wouldn't ceasefire when I was trying to point out a few things to snake, discuss the weapon placement etc. I was on the hunt for any texture meshing :p

Jcannon95

Expert
Mar 29, 2013
United Kingdom

You know what mate your right enough people have asked or advised about the ordinance in some way am gunna change it to normal weapon drops not ordinance, will help by not spoon feeding the time and location of a drop to players, Once again I want to thank you all for the feedback it really helps :)

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Pssssssttt..... you didn't mention the texture glitch on the one of the middle strut ramps ;)

Well I didn't really take notice of it or its position but you did ;).

Hmm... seems odd that we got our butts handed to us...

It didn't help that you wouldn't ceasefire when I was trying to point out a few things to snake, discuss the weapon placement etc. I was on the hunt for any texture meshing :p

Oh.. SGC you didn't :D.

You know what mate your right enough people have asked or advised about the ordinance in some way am gunna change it to normal weapon drops not ordinance, will help by not spoon feeding the time and location of a drop to players, Once again I want to thank you all for the feedback it really helps :)

Yeah it'd be wise to fix the timing on them as well but you'll need atleast 1-2 power weapons on a 90+ respawn timing. Also I think instead of Needlers you could through down some Plasma Pistols instead , it'd keepthings interesting :p.