Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
Welcome to
PREY
By Just One Player
prey-logo-jpg.5542
PREY is the game where players are put into the shoes of the hunter... but also the huntee! Yes, it is an honor ruled based game, much like Clue in which players must obey to the rules of the game that are not necessarily forced.
Here's how it works:
The rule is: Players must hunt down the person below them on the leaderboard. (Yes, that means that the player on the very bottom hunts the player on the very top.) They can ONLY kill this person, while the player above them on the leaderboard is hunting them down! They are not allowed to retaliate against an attacker. All players have one life. It's simple:
  1. The game will start, and the players will see the leaderboard. If they missed it at the start, they can always press "select" to view it.
  2. Players then memorize the player who is directly under them. That is who they will be hunting.
  3. It would be wise to try and avoid the player above you at all costs!
  4. You may not kill any other players other than the player directly below you.
Once a player kills his/her target, the victim will recieve -1 points. This will place them at the bottom of the leaderboard, therefore out of the way. The killer will recieve no points, and therefore will remain locked in place on the LB, and will have a new target to kill below them.
The winner of the game is decided by who has the most kills by the end. If there is a tie, then it goes by who was alive the longest, and then by assassinations. (Kills with a weapon other than the sword may also come into play, if the tying continues.)
If everyone continues to kill their targets, by the end of the game there will be two players remaining, who must then fight to the death.
There are currently three maps to play with PREY, but I'm sure there will be many more in the future.
The Original PREY:
2-jpg.5543
Much like an Assassin's Creed map, players have plenty of tall buildings and high overwatches to either hunter or avoid their predator.
The PREY Port:
6-jpg.5544
Jump into the water and use the gravity lifts for quick escapes from your hunter!
PREYoto (By Buddy):
7-jpg.5545
Jump from the rooftops in the remains of a lost castle in Kyoto, Japan.
I hope the community has as much fun with PREY as I did designing the game type, building the maps, and testing it!
Enjoy! :)

Cap2llo

Expert
Apr 20, 2013
Sorry if I missed this, but do players start with random weapons or preset loadouts? Really cool idea by the way, can't wait to play this!

Reactions: Buddy

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
Thanks for the support guys! Spread the word! :)
And you will be able to play this in your lobbies soon this week, when I release it furrealll!

Reactions: Cap3llo

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
If I understand this correctly...
- Killing or dying DOES change your position on the scoreboard that players check once the game starts. However, the initial positions dictate who you'll be hunted and be hunted by.
- The player at the top is therefore the bottom person's target/The player at the bottom hunts the player at the top

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
Only dying changes your play on the LB. It moves you to the bottom for that round so you are out of the way for the players who are still alive. Aaaaaaannnddd your second statement is correct! :D

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
Update: The first unnoficial PREY testing lobby was a success! I got lots of good feedback and some changes were made to the game, yet later, those changes were replaced with the original settings because it played better. Speed was changed to 110% and jump height to 110% aswell. Also there is no a needler and 3 plasma grenades on the map! Almost ready to release the final version!

Reactions: Buddy and Z3MAST3R