Precision Editing Problems in Halo 4

What Do You Think Of Precision Editing In Halo 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
Hey Guys,

I've recently gone back to Halo Reach to play some of Darth Human and Oakley HiDef's maps again.
While doing so, I realized that the maps are so good because of the precision editing that Reach has.
In Reach, It was so easy to make floors, walls, and structures that looked and felt professional. In Halo 4, I saw that Forge has become much less populated, and I believe this is because of the precision editing features that Halo 4 has. In Halo 4, just making a square floor for a large map is grinding and annoying, as precision editing is much harder due to the "sloppiness" of magnets and other features. Magnets barely ever lines things up correctly, and maybe it's just me, but i just found it much less easy and much less fun to forge in Halo 4.

What do you guys think about this?
Do You Think Halo 4 has good precision editing features?
Answer in the poll below.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The problem is that precision editing is entirely gone from Halo 4. Allegedly the feature was set to be included but was mistakenly left off of the controller button mapping last minute. The addition of magnets is great (although it would be much better if magnets were more functional), but it is not enough to make up for the lack of precision editing. Of course, it's still quite possible to align objects precisely without using coordinates or magnets, but it's certainly less user-friendly and more time-consuming than it was in Reach. This along with many of Halo 4's other shortcomings which extend far beyond the realm of Forge has absolutely been a contributing factor in the decline of Forge's popularity (and of the popularity of the game itself) since the release of Halo 4.

Reactions: Ticky

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
When I say precision editing, I mean both what you're talking about and also about the "edit coordinates" feature, (which has also been ruined).
I'm sad about this. As a regular watcher of Halo Forge Epidemic and Team Epiphany, I've found that unlike in Reach people don't want to use forge or even PLAY Halo 4.
I really Hope Halo 5 can "resurrect" the series. If not, there will always be reach.

BTW: I have several maps on my file share, so I haven't given up on forge yet.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
The problem is that precision editing is entirely gone from Halo 4. Allegedly the feature was set to be included but was mistakenly left off of the controller button mapping last minute. The addition of magnets is great (although it would be much better if magnets were more functional), but it is not enough to make up for the lack of precision editing. Of course, it's still quite possible to align objects precisely without using coordinates or magnets, but it's certainly less user-friendly and more time-consuming than it was in Reach. This along with many of Halo 4's other shortcomings which extend far beyond the realm of Forge has absolutely been a contributing factor in the decline of Forge's popularity (and of the popularity of the game itself) since the release of Halo 4.

Very sad and unfortunate that precision editing and so many other things went this way. Descope for one.. somebody at 343 claimed it was a "glitch" that people weren't getting descoped when shot prerelease (believe it was at E3?)

AlexJ189

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2013
Narnia
Precision editing is not a tool that I miss too much. I can still forge smooth racetrack in no time without it. Yes having it in Halo 4 would have made my life a lot easier but its not like its really limited what I can forge.

ChrisSonic01

Master
Feb 2, 2013
I'm not saying this makes up for the lack of a precision editing button, but you guys do know that if you grab an object and look straight up or straight down at it, you can move it extremely slowly, right? Again, not as good as simply clicking the left stick, but it is useful.

Reactions: kimjongillwill