Possible Map Ideas/Themes?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
When I try to draw inspiration for maps, it's from a variety of sources:
  • Levels created in other games, especially Halo. This is not to say that they work as direct remakes, but they offer some suggestions on general layout or theme.
  • Architecture that is unconventional. Just Google Search some images. There's a benefit as well of being able to cater to some other criterion. So if I wanted to view something more arabesque, for example, I can just find it that way.
  • Particular elements of other Forge creations. It's very direct because you can literally "take" pieces and parts to recombine into the map you're making.
  • Something totally random. You can try this noun generator and see if your mind trails off into some sort of idea.

Reactions: REMkings

WOLF0997

Proficient
Dec 12, 2013
West, Lafayette IN
Yo bro Ideas come from movies and everyday experiences for me because of being in the ROTC I base things I make on Team stuff at least 6 on 6 and its fair to me at least and hey if you want I have some stuff like a website for a clan Im in so if you want check it out its on my profile my home website so yeah and hey I love forgen so if you want I could help you at least when I get gold back and my name is my gamertag so yeah... see ya later maybe.

Epichair

Master
Jul 25, 2013
Yorkshire, England
Yo bro Ideas come from movies and everyday experiences for me because of being in the ROTC I base things I make on Team stuff at least 6 on 6 and its fair to me at least and hey if you want I have some stuff like a website for a clan Im in so if you want check it out its on my profile my home website so yeah and hey I love forgen so if you want I could help you at least when I get gold back and my name is my gamertag so yeah... see ya later maybe.

Woah, woah, woah, try to put some more punctuation in there somewhere;) and I started forging my school, but got bored... but yeah I'd be happy to check out this clan, and If you want, message me sometime when you have your gold back, and we can do some forging together:)

WOLF0997

Proficient
Dec 12, 2013
West, Lafayette IN
Woah, woah, woah, try to put some more punctuation in there somewhere;) and I started forging my school, but got bored... but yeah I'd be happy to check out this clan, and If you want, message me sometime when you have your gold back, and we can do some forging together:)
sorry again didnt notice reply button

I've got an idea you could do: Jousting. The way I picture it in my head is you start two opposing players in mid air facing each other, armed with swords and hammers, with only a few feet between them so they can't hit each other and a trait zone in place so they can't move around while they're falling. You have them fall equal distances into a teleporter loop a few times over and over to pick up speed, then they would be beamed far apart from each other across the map and you use their speed to launch them out of a zipline track (one way shield with the blue side turned down and a solid surface just above the red side) towards each other at furious speeds, again using trait zones so they can't move at all in mid air-- this way they'll always collide in the same spot everytime, and you can put little spectator boxes around this point in mid air for the other players to watch the collisions while they wait for their turn. You do it in rounds so each one only takes about 30 seconds and then it's the next couple of people's turn and so on.

The tricky part would be aiming them at each other just right across such a huge distance. It would take a lot of trial and error. But I think it would be pretty cool. You could have them fly through a few rings on their way or something and make it look pretty well put together. Not sure if there should be grenades involved or not. I don't know if you can really throw them at high speeds.