"Pick your goalie" system?

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
I recreated Foosball using the ricochet gametype. There are 4 rows, so each team has a row for their goalie and a row for their offensive players. I know how to use spawns to randomly make it so that only one player is able to be goalie, but I really want teams to be able to choose their goalie. I placed one mongoose in each offensive row so that teams can have their goalie get on the mongoose and get teleported to the goalie position, which makes it so only one player can get there. The problem is that sometimes the mongoose will teleport without the player which breaks the system. Anybody have any ideas why this happens? Any ideas for a different system? It works perfect for me in solo testing every time...

Feb 9, 2013
Australia
Yeah, i had the exact same problem when trying to make a European Handball game. The best that i could come up with was for a player to go on Gold team, and 1 player to go on Green team. The Gold team player will be the Red team goalie, and the Green team player will be the blue team goalie. After trying this, i realized that the multi team richochet gametype wasn't even there yet :laugh:. But it will be released on September 3rd i believe, so i'll try it later.

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Just had an idea! I was thinking I could have each team spawn in separate spawn rooms, and each room will contain one armor ability (jetpack I'm thinking). Only one player will be able to get the armor ability, and the only way to reach the goalie teleporter is by using the jetpack. No vehicles. Trying it now!