Map Preview Overwatch

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Overwatch

VIDEO:

Overwatch is an asymmetrical 4v4 map forged on Ravine. Forged on Ravine because there's always that one guy without Forge Island. It takes some inspiration from Boardwalk from Halo Reach. It is my first competitive 4v4 since Oblique, which people didn't seem to care for much. Before that, it was Scythe. That makes this my third official competitive map that will be released. The map supports Team Slayer, FFA, KOTH and 1 Site Extraction.

DOWNLOAD LINK SOON

j92gkg.jpg

54vejn.jpg

jiz8mq.jpg

or45ra.jpg

2dbl0f9.jpg

vhrbpv.jpg

212brlk.jpg

Reactions: kimjongillwill

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Based only off of the pictures, I'm skeptical. There general concept of the map appears to be like a upward slope, which is fine. However, the use of crates and other objects for cover could be off-putting. Looking at the fourth picture, I can see where that's been implemented several times.

You're very good at determining how a map should play once it's been tested through. I withhold saying much else until I can play it myself.

Reactions: PA1NTS

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Based only off of the pictures, I'm skeptical. There general concept of the map appears to be like a upward slope, which is fine. However, the use of crates and other objects for cover could be off-putting. Looking at the fourth picture, I can see where that's been implemented several times.

You're very good at determining how a map should play once it's been tested through. I withhold saying much else until I can play it myself.

All of the crates are multi-purposed. They may appear only as cover, but each one connects acrobatic jumps throughout the map. I am however working on making it less cluttered feeling.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Ah, that looks better. The video helped connect the dots that the pictures couldn't. My only skeptical point would be the sight lines from red onto a large portion of the map - whether the map balances itself or not with this aspect would be seen in testing. Good job so far :y: