Map Preview OPHELIA

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Ophelia is a competitive 4v4 compatible with Slayer and Extraction. Slayer simply revolves around balancing bridge control with weapon timing. Extraction, however, places an even stronger emphasis on setups and bridge control making the two factors almost vital with that gameype.

aoWPX44.jpg
zoCyztW.jpg
YxmaFHt.jpg
94hftDd.jpg
Zandril Darkrain491 Juanez Sanchez AlexJ189 -Orzium- CasualInception ChewyNutCluster Sgt x Slaphead Ticky Master Debaytes Let me know if you guys found any concerns in those games we played.​

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
The only thing I was unsure about was the use of needlers on a map with the wide open areas although I think its more of an opinionated matter than a real issue. What I do think could be changed is some of the jumps. Some of the jumps across death pits looked like they were possible (and arguably should be possible) but were not. The indent in the middle area could be made a little smoother. That aside it was an excellent map that supported extraction perfectly and I had a lot of fun playing it. Great map!

Reactions: Auburn

Ticky

Expert
Jan 15, 2013
Besides the light glitches (because of where it's built) and the jumps slaphead mentioned, this is a good map. I'd be intrigued in playing other gametypes on it other than extraction, which I don't like to be honest.(the gametype, not how it played on the map)

Reactions: Auburn

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
The only thing I was unsure about was the use of needlers on a map with the wide open areas although I think its more of an opinionated matter than a real issue. What I do think could be changed is some of the jumps. Some of the jumps across death pits looked like they were possible (and arguably should be possible) but were not. The indent in the middle area could be made a little smoother. That aside it was an excellent map that supported extraction perfectly and I had a lot of fun playing it. Great map!

Nah, I agree. The Needler wreaks when it comes to linear route and the bridges, albeit curved, are just that. I have a good replacement idea that should both balance that and make those jumps easy. That being said, all those jumps are possible assuming we're talking about the same ones. Which one were you having trouble with?

Besides the light glitches (because of where it's built) and the jumps slaphead mentioned, this is a good map. I'd be intrigued in playing other gametypes on it other than extraction, which I don't like to be honest.(the gametype, not how it played on the map)
It did seem damn near impossible to convert the extraction site but that was probably my crappy teamwork.

I've gotten that more than a couple times lol. Extraction can be incredibly frustrating, I know; especially when the map isn't built from the ground up with that particular gametype in mind. Which Ext sites were you guys having trouble converting? Three of the four sites had counter LoS from atop at least one of those curved bridges. Were those being utilized or were they just not effective at all? I know that sounds incredibly defensive, but I want to make sure the problems are consistent before making too many changes.

I appreciate the feedback, fellas. I'm gonna set her up for KoTH with the hill positions replacing the Extraction sites. Depending on how that plays, I should be able to get an idea of whether the problem with objective gametypes is inherent in the design.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I don't even mind when maps are built in the shadow. The lighting is not broken, it's even more dynamic!