Mini Game Octagon Arena

Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
Gladiator Arena (version 1.0) - Octagon arena where everyone has random weapons!!

Hey, guys!!! I'm back with another map. This one is a remake of something I played in Halo 3 called "Gladiators" or something like that. Basically it was a free-for-all random weapons arena. It was amazingly fun to play, especially when you get lucky with your spawn weapons. I decided to try to remake it in Halo 4, and I think I've done a good job:
View attachment 10906
View attachment 10907
There are sixteen shields, as you can see, and each shield has a small room behind it where...

Read more about this map...

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Looks like an awesome variation of the octagon :awesome:

Great idea and looks well forged, just a shame H4 makes the place so dark...
Although, can I see gaps between the 2x1 blocks? Yeah, that's kinda bugging me
Have you tried making all the blocks spawn after the initial game begins? I think it's meant to stop the shadowing... 343 might have fixed it or I may be bullshiting, but it should work...

It looks fine with the shadowing, so don't go spending ages changing all the object's settings if you think it's fine too :)

Maybe if you colour all the objects into some crazy rainbow it could add to the fun ;)

One thing about the name, 'Gladiator Arena' has, for me, connotations of a grand open air arena with a stadium around it, this enclosed and small-ish arena wasn't what I was expecting when I read the title :)

It could be cool to have a variation of the gametype where everyone has swords or some CQC form of weapon and overshields for some true Gladiator Brutality :awesome:

Like the map, I've downloaded it and am sure to be playing it with ma buds :hug:

:essias:

Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
Looks like an awesome variation of the octagon :awesome:

Great idea and looks well forged, just a shame H4 makes the place so dark...
Although, can I see gaps between the 2x1 blocks? Yeah, that's kinda bugging me
Have you tried making all the blocks spawn after the initial game begins? I think it's meant to stop the shadowing... 343 might have fixed it or I may be bullshiting, but it should work...

It looks fine with the shadowing, so don't go spending ages changing all the object's settings if you think it's fine too :)

Maybe if you colour all the objects into some crazy rainbow it could add to the fun ;)

One thing about the name, 'Gladiator Arena' has, for me, connotations of a grand open air arena with a stadium around it, this enclosed and small-ish arena wasn't what I was expecting when I read the title :)

It could be cool to have a variation of the gametype where everyone has swords or some CQC form of weapon and overshields for some true Gladiator Brutality :awesome:

Like the map, I've downloaded it and am sure to be playing it with ma buds :hug:

Thanks, dude!! Yeah, the map isn't final, and the name is mainly just a placeholder until I come up with a more creative name (maybe something like Octagon Fiesta??). I will go in and mess around with some of the blocks to get rid of the issue with the gaps. I will probably replace the 2x1s with 2x2s, which is a really easy fix. I'm getting on Halo 4 as soon as I send this, and I'm gonna work on an update to this map. Anyway, glad you like the map!!

Reactions: wizton
Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
xEGGOxW4FF13x69 updated Gladiator Arena with a new update entry:

Octagon Arena Update

Hey, guys!! I've been working on my "Gladiator Arena" map, and I have made a bunch of changes. First, I changed the name of the map to "Octagon Arena", because that is a more fitting title. Second, I changed the name of the gametype to "Octagon Fiesta". I also created two new gametypes: Octagon CQC (Energy Swords and Shotguns only), and Octagon Sharpshooter (Sniper Rifles and Binary Rifles only). Here are the Halo Waypoint links for the new gametypes:
Octagon CQC:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
xEGGOxW4FF13x69 updated Gladiator Arena with a new update entry:

Gladiator Arena v1.1 Update (Now called Octagon Arena!)

Hey, guys!! I've been working on my "Gladiator Arena" map, and I have made a bunch of changes. First, I changed the name of the map to "Octagon Arena", because that is a more fitting title. Second, I changed the name of the gametype to "Octagon Fiesta". I also created two new gametypes: Octagon CQC (Energy Swords and Shotguns only), and Octagon Sharpshooter (Sniper Rifles and Binary Rifles only). Here are the Halo Waypoint links for the new gametypes:
Octagon CQC:...

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Without the gaps in between the 2x1 blocks and the new name, the map looks much better :)

The colour scheme is also great :awesome:
The three different gametypes all sound fun, the CQC one could be interesting :devil::D

Thoughts after Loading the map:

- The shields being different colours makes the map look a whole bunch better
- Looks like the map could be a lot of fun with a big lobby :)

Two things I'm not sure about:

- What's with the wall coliseums surrounding it? It looks like you're trying to do something with the lighting...
- No respawn points?

Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
Without the gaps in between the 2x1 blocks and the new name, the map looks much better :)

The three different gametypes all sound fun, the CQC one could be interesting :devil::D

- What's with the wall coliseums surrounding it? It looks like you're trying to do something with the lighting...
- No respawn points?

The Wall Colliseums are there because the light actually comes through some of the blocks, so I'm using those walls to block out the light, and it is supposed to be a one life game, so if you die, you're out. However, I could add spawn points and maybe add a new gametype which allows respawns. Thanks for the positive feedback!!

Reactions: wizton
Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA

- No respawn points?

If you do play this map, please let me know how it goes

Jul 9, 2014
Delaware, USA
xEGGOxW4FF13x69 updated Octagon Arena with a new update entry:

Octagon Arena v1.2 Gametypes Update

Hey, guys!! After playing my Octagon Arena map, I've made some big changes. First, I replace the extraction cylinders with crates, which can't be destroyed. Second, I changed the color scheme to look more like a color wheel. Finally, I realized that having only one life is kinda boring, so I gave everyone unlimited lives. I also made the game only one round, instead of ten, which lasts seven minutes. Also, there is not a score limit.

I modified each of the three gametypes, as well. I added...