Map Preview NMPD

Can 6v6 feel like campaign?

• Total voters
I'm Modifying Hostage rescue, in a gametype under the working title "Versus Campaign"
Base players give and receive 50% damage, the spartan/hostage does normal damage,
The goal is to get the spartan into a hill, then teams switch sides and do it again.

The teams start in a rocky area where they have to open the gates to the city,
once they open the gate pieces disappear and weapons/vehicles become accessible.
Defenders get a Ghost and Wraith, the attackers get a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle.

I'm thinking about replacing the wraith, and I'm still considering different layouts.

There's a sketch of the city in the screenshots section.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 145

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I wouldn't call it "campaign" necessarily, because that refers to something specifically in the game's story line. You may want to find a name more specific to the objective that you're playing, and/or the story that you made for it.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
Definitely an interesting concept though whatever you choose to call it. Actually it sounds pretty damn awesome.
Get it done!

I would recommend looking at missions from ODST for inspiration as it had some cool city themes (obviously being in a city derp) but this allowed for vehicle encounters on the roads while you have bridges overhead for infantry and complex buildings to explore. Mabey Halo Reach's Exodus mission could be good for ideas. I think this is definitely a concept worth developing in to a great set of maps/game types.

Good idea Slaphead, I will check out new Alexandria missions too, I watched a little gameplay of odst but I'll watch more this time.
I want to give the defenders a wraith, and give the attackers a rocket hog. I'll be watching the mission in odst where you fight wraiths in the city.