Need some help with this

Jski9050

Proficient
Feb 18, 2013
I'm trying to find the best forge objects to use for a destructible enviorment map any ideas. Also go check out my channel it's my gt and maybe I'll review your map on my channrl

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
So much no.

To answer your question, there's no forge object that's meant to give a destroyed environment. You can use any object. A destroyed environment relies more on the atmosphere of your map rather than the tiny details.

Use rocks as debris and make some pieces look collapsed.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
To answer your question, there's no forge object that's meant to give a destroyed environment...
Destructible, not destroyed. Like Battlefield.
There are only a small handful of destructible objects in Halo 4- the most commonly used are pallets and jersey barriers. Explosives can also be destroyed, as well as extraction crates, dominion shield doors, vehicles, grenades, and dominion turrets when they're deployed. However, these aren't really ideal for make an entire environment with. There are also some trick you can pull with the ricochet game type to get any object, including building blocks, to be destroyed in the game.

Last edited:

Jski9050

Proficient
Feb 18, 2013
Destructible, not destroyed. Like Battlefield.
There are only a small handful of destructible objects in Halo 4- the most commonly used are pallets and jersey barriers. Explosives can also be destroyed, as well as extraction crates, vehicles, grenades, and dominion turrets when they're deployed. However, these aren't really enough to make an entire environment with. There are also some tricks you can pull with the ricochet game type to get any object, including building blocks, to be destroyed in the game.
Thank you that's all I wanted to know. Btw what is that trick?

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
...Btw what is that trick?
hmmm... not positive. It involves the game type labels. While forging in the Ricochet game type, you need to set something for the labels of the destructible objects and something for objects you want to be 'projectiles' (don't remember exactly which labels they are). When any of the projectiles hit a destructible objects, the object will disappear.

I've seen forgers build castles out of 1x1 blocks labeled this way, and attackers would launch projectiles (through gravity lifts or something) to take down the walls block by block. However, weapons alone will not destroy the labeled blocks. I suppose you could get fancy by using land mines that will trigger a behind-the-scenes collision between destructible objects and projectiles- the system will react to gunfire and will not require a separate projectile launch to work (would be quite tedious to create, though).

Good luck with the map, dawg