Mini Game Musical Shields

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
As far as I can tell, there should be no problem playing as a 4v4. However, I played one game as teams and in just one of the five rounds someone spawned outside the field so I'm just going to call this gametype a free for all to avoid all problems.

Sorry, but why exactly do your games have to be 4v4 anyway?

Rodan117

Proficient
Nov 1, 2013
I had a good time playing Musical Shields last night with you Chewy, but I did have a few unexplainable suicides so I'm glad to hear you've changed the soft kill zones. Since there is just one kill zone now, is it possible to make it visible, with a trait zone or hill marker? And if so, do you think that would make it play even better?

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I had a good time playing Musical Shields last night with you Chewy, but I did have a few unexplainable suicides so I'm glad to hear you've changed the soft kill zones. Since there is just one kill zone now, is it possible to make it visible, with a trait zone or hill marker? And if so, do you think that would make it play even better?

Sadley Putting a trait zone in the middle of the map won't effect game play due to the fact that Hill over rule Trait zones and trait zones over rule the game.

Rodan117

Proficient
Nov 1, 2013
I wouldn't want it to affect gameplay at all, that's not what I mean. But if there is a way to notify yourself when you are inside the soft kill area (using either trait zones, a hill marker, or a structural marker on the map itself), you would know how far you need to move to a safe place before you are killed by the soft kill area.

Maybe it's just me, but I was confused by the soft kill zone alert ticking on my screen, the timer on the overshield respawn, and the inevitable impending doom from the rain of fusion coils. It was still fun, but I think you simplifying the area like you mentioned above sounds like a huge improvement and I'd like to play it again with the new update. And I think with some sort of visual marker letting me know where the soft kill zone ends, it can only be better.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Does this latest version work perfectly? No bugs or anything like players not dying? Because the video for this map is close to being done. And I want the link in the video's description to be a link to a proper and working version of the map.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
I wouldn't want it to affect gameplay at all, that's not what I mean. But if there is a way to notify yourself when you are inside the soft kill area (using either trait zones, a hill marker, or a structural marker on the map itself), you would know how far you need to move to a safe place before you are killed by the soft kill area.

The kill zone only extends slightly past the ring of shields now so you will only die if you literally stand still next to it. If you grab a shield and back up just slightly, you're good. I promise this new version works a lot better as most of the kill boundary is blocked by the New center structure. Thanks so much for helping me test, the suicide issue you found is the whole reason I edited the layout.

Reactions: Rodan117

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Does this latest version work perfectly? No bugs or anything like players not dying? Because the video for this map is close to being done. And I want the link in the video's description to be a link to a proper and working version of the map.

Zandril! The whole layout if the map has changed now /:

I hope that doesn't mess you up too much, but yeah, as far as I can tell, no issues.