Mini Game Musical Shields

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Musical Shields (version 1.0) - Grab an overshield or go boom! Like musical chairs, but with shields :D

Hello, HC!

Chewy here with my 3rd minigame creation. The other day I was talking to my 10 year old sister about the game, musical chairs. Since Halo has sort of infected my brain, I think about it almost all the time so I immediately began pondering a way to bring the musical chairs concept to Halo.

Map: Musical Chairs:

-Forged on Erosion inside the Grifball arena.
-Very small
- 24 mines spawn directly...

Read more about this map...

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
ChewyNutCluster updated Musical Shields with a new update entry:

Musical Shields

Map has been updated so that players will no longer die in the center when they have an overshield.

Now there is no possible way to die if you have an overshield.

Also, players on the sidelines now have sticky detonators which aren't too effective, but will knock the people still in play around a little bit.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Since Halo has sort of infected my brain, I think about it almost all the time so I immediately began pondering a way to bring the musical chairs concept to Halo.

Nice to know I'm the only one :grumpy:
When Neo walks around the world, he sees numbers in everything. When I walk around the world, I see little halo rings and they are all telling me to go home and make a gametype.

I'm interested to know how you've made this in a way that, no matter where you stand, everyone without OS dies but everyone with OS survives. Spacing the landmines in that way must have been mindbogglingly difficult?! :confused:

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Nice to know I'm the only one :grumpy:
When Neo walks around the world, he sees numbers in everything. When I walk around the world, I see little halo rings and they are all telling me to go home and make a gametype.

I'm interested to know how you've made this in a way that, no matter where you stand, everyone without OS dies but everyone with OS survives. Spacing the landmines in that way must have been mindbogglingly difficult?! :confused:

It took quite some time before I got it right. The spacing of the mines, height of the mines, damage resistance of players, making sure you can't crouch and survive without a shield. So much trial and error on this one.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04

Fixed bugs

A bug was found in which players could camp a shield making the golf ball not spawn. Thanks to the advice of MasterDebaytes, I have placed small soft kill boundaries around each over shield making them non-campable.

Also, the map now uses columns to block the shields which are much less conspicuous the golf balls making it more difficult to tell which shields have been blocked. This adds to more fun and hilarious scrambling by players.

Thanks again to MasterDebaytes for the great advice!

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Nice you give Master credit for the help but none for me :p I see how it is, Also did you fix the team spawns.

Sorry Charles, you definitely helped me with the previous update. I don't know why I didn't give you credit in the description. .. now I feel like a dick.

Anyways, I checked the spawns and tweaked them, but I still don't see any reason why they didn't work before. All respawn points are on the sidelines and all initial spawns are in the "field" so I don't see how anyone could spawn outside the Hill at start or respawn in it after dying.

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Sorry Charles, you definitely helped me with the previous update. I don't know why I didn't give you credit in the description. .. now I feel like a dick.

Anyways, I checked the spawns and tweaked them, but I still don't see any reason why they didn't work before. All respawn points are on the sidelines and all initial spawns are in the "field" so I don't see how anyone could spawn outside the Hill at start or respawn in it after dying.

do you have Spawn points in the middle of the map and re spawn points at the edges. If you have any Re-spawn points in the middle of the map get rid of them and replace them with spawn points that may be your issue. Also put spawn Zones set to the teams so they will force spawn next to the other team.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
do you have Spawn points in the middle of the map and re spawn points at the edges. If you have any Re-spawn points in the middle of the map get rid of them and replace them with spawn points that may be your issue. Also put spawn Zones set to the teams so they will force spawn next to the other team.

All respawn points are outside. I'll try to get a team test in soon to see if it works now

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04

Massive Update!

After adding the soft kill boundaries, players kept committing suicide due to running through too many of the boundaries, thus not having the "death timer" go down. I have decided, therefore, to change the entire layout of the map.

The shields are now in a circle in the middle of the map which allowed me to make just one soft kill boundary which extends only slightly past the edge of the are where the shields are.

I have also taken out the sticky detonators and added concussion rifles and...