Orange=cover
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Issue #1: The bases are backed into corners with only 1 real way in, and this is even constricted some. Makes bases very, very difficult to attack.

Issue #2: The area in between is rather skinny compared to the length of the map, making it basically a big hallway between the two bases. The only area that will be contested on the map is middle base.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Issue #1: The bases are backed into corners with only 1 real way in, and this is even constricted some. Makes bases very, very difficult to attack.

Issue #2: The area in between is rather skinny compared to the length of the map, making it basically a big hallway between the two bases. The only area that will be contested on the map is middle base.
Ctf?

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
CTF will have a similar issue. The bases are so backed into the corners that defending the flag will be very easy, and attacking discouraged to the point where only a very lucky flag grab followed by a warthog ride will likely lead to a score. Bit of advice, Hemorrhage is not a good map to take inspiration from.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
CTF will have a similar issue. The bases are so backed into the corners that defending the flag will be very easy, and attacking discouraged to the point where only a very lucky flag grab followed by a warthog ride will likely lead to a score. Bit of advice, Hemorrhage is not a good map to take inspiration from.
It is all infantry. Not very big. 5/5 6/6. Was inspired by a map in modern combat 2 (iOS game)

Jan 29, 2013
FlyingShoe is correct. I would feel like I cannot breach a defense that knows which path I am taking (because I have no other choice). The play would be too predictable and stale.

For Dominion, the team that captures the center would then pin the other team in their end and no longer have to defend their own end. It becomes too simplistic and even more unbalanced than Dominion already is (and it is the most unbalanced game ever in Halo).

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Dominion works best in my experience with the bases set up in a triangular fashion. Instead of each team taking 1 base then fighting for middle, the Alpha, Charlie, and Bravo bases are kept at relatively the same distance and no one base is given to one team. This way teams can constantly attack and defend different bases, creating more variety in the gameplay. Also, make sure in any map major areas have at least 3 good ways into them.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
On the right side, unless you fix you sketch, as a VERY large sight line, extending from the Blue base, to part way into the red area.

Just saying...