Lobby Recap -=Minigame Mayhem=- RECAP.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Minigame Mayhem Recap
The lobby has ended now and I for one had a great time.
If you missed it, RSVP for our next one as soon as it's announced.
If you made it, please rate me via the game thread, here.
So I can obviously tell you what I thought of it but I wanna know what you thought!
So post what you thought of the maps here please!
What I can say for sure, is that the list in future needs to be smaller if we're going to have time for your own maps, as we were running quite late tonight. I even skipped a few maps.
Also, some of the essentials need replacing, for example, my own Duck Hunt looked piss poor in comparison to the others. And the Crash up Derby was fun, but kept lagging out due to the "Speed Boost" and "Damage Boost" effects.
Hurricane Sandy & Trash Compactor are being removed as they are practically the same thing, and could be vastly improved.
My top 3 games.
1) The Three Switches
2) PacMan
3) Obstacle Run.
What did you think?
-Turtle​

If you forgot what games we played, there is a list here, in order.
Crash up Derby (Impact)
The Fattest Kid (Erosion)
Flood Hunter (Erosion)
The 3 Switches (Impact)
Hot Potato (Erosion)
Run (Impact)
Saw: The Arena (Ravine)
Duck Hurt (Ravine)
Cops and Robbers (Impact)
Trash Compactor (Erosion)
Nucleus (Impact)
Mongoose Monarchy Royal gardens (Ragnarok)
PacMan (Impact)
Ro Sham Bo Hallway (Erosion)
Smashy Chase ValleyofPleasure (Ravine)
Hurricane Sandy (Erosion)
Mongoose Skatepark (Impact)

Reactions: Titmar

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
There is an actually recap forum. Just sayin'

Wanna say more about the lobby than a couple sentences?

Eskely

Novice
Feb 8, 2013
You did a great job at hosting and I had a blast with you guys. The only problem was the annoying black screen/lobby disconnect that happened from time to time.

The maps I liked the most were The 3 Switches, Hot Potato, Run and PacMan. Cops and Robbers is a fun idea, but half the lobby almost got a seizure, and Crash up Derby is fun, but too laggy at the moment. The 2nd Duck Hunt was pretty fun, you need some obstacles in the way, otherwise it's too easy for the flood since we can't hit anything(or make it a one shot kill wherever it hits).

Anyway, looking forward to the next event(if there'll be one), invest in McDonalds.

Edit: And, yeah, seems like you posted in the wrong section.
Edit2: Oh, and that mongoose King of the hill was alright too.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
My bad I didn't see the recap forum, I will request a move.

There is an actually recap forum. Just sayin'

Wanna say more about the lobby than a couple sentences?
Well it was a nice result in general, but there isn't much to write about from my point of view, I spent far too much time dealing with the constant requests for invite and party leader, and not enough time actually playing. (It seems I learn from my mistakes though, that won't happen again.)

I met new players, who had fun and hopefully will return for future lobbys. I got a good understanding of what they did and didn't like map-wise too.
Besides the ones I mentioned above all the maps were pretty amazing, thanks to fuzzle's map database.
My main goal was to meet players, understand what they look for in games/maps, and have a bit of fun. I think it's fair to say we reached that goal.

I'm more interested in what the players have to say if I'm honest.

-Turtle

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
My bad I didn't see the recap forum, I will request a move.

Well it was a nice result in general, but there isn't much to write about from my point of view, I spent far too much time dealing with the constant requests for invite and party leader, and not enough time actually playing. (It seems I learn from my mistakes though, that won't happen again.)

I met new players, who had fun and hopefully will return for future lobbys. I got a good understanding of what they did and didn't like map-wise too.
Besides the ones I mentioned above all the maps were pretty amazing, thanks to fuzzle's map database.
My main goal was to meet players, understand what they look for in games/maps, and have a bit of fun. I think it's fair to say we reached that goal.

I'm more interested in what the players have to say if I'm honest.

-Turtle

Sounds like it was lots of fun!

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
thanks for doing a recap! next time you should take some pictures or video or the games so people can see how much fun you had.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
thanks for doing a recap! next time you should take some pictures or video or the games so people can see how much fun you had.
I'm planning to get some pictures up actually. I haven't found the time yet unfortunately.

Looking to invest in a capture card too, wouldn't mind getting these games on video.
-Turtle