Map Preview Magma

Mar 30, 2013
Energy bridges, switches, and burning hot liquids.

ipodWpIqVGNm5.jpg

iHVIhyvYBo9Lm.jpg

i3dc8ikoWKMBe.jpg

i0XwPV3HRlNbR.jpg

iJpLaHlD6gprG.jpg

ibiuH1ahDJV3n6.jpg

ibhAVGQo5EnQii.jpg

iJvJAtFDvDcQr.jpg

ibhnKY4EiFTHFT.jpg

ibvBpEF3qWxFOJ.jpg

fame28

Novice
Feb 7, 2014
This really does look very cool. I would love to get a look at this map in game, is this on your fileshare or where can we find this variant to download?

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I love the double jump that uses those rocks in the lava waterfall. It's near speed boost. Check it out.

Also, groundbreaking map Fated. I was a little confused at first. However, after playing a few games on it I knew where everything was.

fame28

Novice
Feb 7, 2014
I got to download this when I got home and as always you have some pretty impressive maps that look good and play well too. It is interesting to see the light bridges can be shot through, but you can't walk through them. That would add se interesting game dynamics to a future map as windows. Well done and you have to download the magma slayer on his file share for it to work properly.
Fated fire - is there a way to make the buttons work as on/off or have two buttons or a switch setting?

Mar 30, 2013
Fated fire - is there a way to make the buttons work as on/off or have two buttons or a switch setting?

Not yet. Currently the energy bridge is deactivated via a one way switch with no reactivation option or ability to setup a secondary switch. The guys who built this game type are exploring switch channels. This map can only be used with the Magma Slayer game type on my file share. I have the spawn system labeled to spawn players off map if it is loaded up with other game types (another cool feature of this modded game type). The official game type that allowed me to forge energy bridges, switches, and solid red lava will be released soon.

How has everyone played on this thing but me? Fated Fire, will you be posting a link soon? I'm working on a lava-related map myself right now and I'd really like to get a crack at this...

EDIT: I hope you don't mind but I mugged your fileshare for the map. Still no gametype though. I'll keep my ear to the ground for it. Really looking forward to this.

Feb 25, 2013
I'm really confused as to how you did the magma effect. It doesn't look like Dominion shields or one-ways. I bet some orange Dom shields would really give the lava that "moving/melting" sort of feel.

Sorry if what I've said doesn't make sense in the context of the map but I have no Gold and can't download it :/

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I'm really confused as to how you did the magma effect. It doesn't look like Dominion shields or one-ways. I bet some orange Dom shields would really give the lava that "moving/melting" sort of feel.

Sorry if what I've said doesn't make sense in the context of the map but I have no Gold and can't download it :/

I don't have gold either :p but I think it's the boundaries of kill boundaries made visible with the mod?