Competitive Light in the Dark

Jan 22, 2013
Light in the Dark (version V1) - Teamwork is the number one priority!

Welcome to The Light in the dark created by Midwestchopper5, this is a symmetrical close quarter combat capture the flag map.
D417BDED-9132-4393-9277-A6A935915E9A-1712-0000046D3B697F4D.jpg

Gametype- www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/e83d0729-14ba-4512-90b6-11db14ccfa61

Map- www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/d1a5e5ff-644a-462e-b2af-0d5ff24ee5f1

There are 2 bases on each side of the map...

Read more about this map...

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
One thing I've noticed is that there isn't enough diversity in ways of reaching the flag. From what I can see, there is only going up the ramp, which could lead to a lot of camping. If you could I'd probably add a few more paths that lead to the flag, or just move the flag to a place where there are more ways to it.

Reactions: Zandril
Jan 22, 2013
One thing I've noticed is that there isn't enough diversity in ways of reaching the flag. From what I can see, there is only going up the ramp, which could lead to a lot of camping. If you could I'd probably add a few more paths that lead to the flag, or just move the flag to a place where there are more ways to it.
There 2 paths on the sides, 2 trench tunnels, and a center walk way. And there's 2 ways to get to the flag, plus crouching makes many paths and ways you can make it to your enemy's flag. Try it out with a 8+ lobby and then tell me your opinion:)

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
There 2 paths on the sides, 2 trench tunnels, and a center walk way. And there's 2 ways to get to the flag, plus crouching makes many paths and ways you can make it to your enemy's flag. Try it out with a 8+ lobby and then tell me your opinion:)

Where is the second way up to the flag, because I can't see it in the screenshots.

Jan 22, 2013
Where is the second way up to the flag, because I can't see it in the screenshots.
1A1A1CC9-B5BA-4393-9B3F-271CDB86245B-222-0000001FCBE1B2F3.jpg

There is the ramp in the center. The other side of the base has a gravity lift in front of it, that side of the base also has cover. So you need to decide to take the faster more dangerous route, or the safer slower route.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
There is the ramp in the center. The other side of the base has a gravity lift in front of it, that side of the base also has cover. So you need to decide to take the faster more dangerous route, or the safer slower route.

However, both ways to the flag force you to going the same direction, so that all a defender has to do is point his gun one way, and they could essentially hold off most attackers with relative ease.

Jan 22, 2013
However, both ways to the flag force you to going the same direction, so that all a defender has to do is point his gun one way, and they could essentially hold off most attackers with relative ease.
That's why you uses team work, and the flag has cover from the front but not the side. Once you gain height in the enemy base, there's not much cover to support camping. Players also rarely spawn right next to the flag, and loadouts also have grenades to kill campers Play the map before you judge it man

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
That's why you uses team work, and the flag has cover from the front but not the side. Once you gain height in the enemy base, there's not much cover to support camping. Players also rarely spawn right next to the flag, and loadouts also have grenades to kill campers Play the map before you judge it man

I'm just making observations based on the screenshots. It's part of why they're there.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com

Just take the feedback already. It's pretty spot on.

Keep in mind that some people can make solid, quality feedback without the need to play the map. I'm not saying that they shouldn't play the map because of this. I'm saying you shouldn't dismiss feedback derived from screenshot observation because some of these could actually help you.

The screenshots you posted were very informative. Hence, The7thSeal was able to give you, in my opinion, good feedback that you can apply to your map and would make it better overall.

I realize that, through the custom gametype, players are armed with CQC weapons (correct me if I'm wrong) making team shooting from afar ineffective. But in the future, don't dismiss feedback from people who simply observed your map's pictures.

Keep in mind that anyone who posts the kind of feedback The7thSeal gave on your map posts is doing it to help you and not bash your creation.

Reactions: IroKnee
Jan 22, 2013
Just take the feedback already. It's pretty spot on.

Keep in mind that some people can make solid, quality feedback without the need to play the map. I'm not saying that they shouldn't play the map because of this. I'm saying you shouldn't dismiss feedback derived from screenshot observation because some of these could actually help you.

The screenshots you posted were very informative. Hence, The7thSeal was able to give you, in my opinion, good feedback that you can apply to your map and would make it better overall.

I realize that, through the custom gametype, players are armed with CQC weapons (correct me if I'm wrong) making team shooting from afar ineffective. But in the future, don't dismiss feedback from people who simply observed your map's pictures.

Keep in mind that anyone who posts the kind of feedback The7thSeal gave on your map posts is doing it to help you and not bash your creation.
Thank you and agree with this whole thing. I was being kind of defensive, I didn't mean to ignore his advice just he was mistaken saying there was only " going up the ramp" as a route to the bases and this is not true and easyly observable in the picture, and in the text in the post. I don't think 7th read the post, just glanced at the pictures. I plan on expanding the map to make it wider never the less.