Halo Legendary Slayer

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Yes, classic Halo;). It has the original spawning system and set Tact pack/Armor mod, along with small other things.
This one is a bit too classic, even for me. Even Halo 1 gave you a secondary weapon. In this mode if you didn't get the chance to pick up something else and you have to reload in a fight, you've essentially lost. I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 again lately as well, and believe me, if slayer BR's is an option it does not get veto'd. Most of the community realized long ago that spawning with precision weapons was a rather good thing.

Jan 22, 2013
It feels allot like reachs team slayer, I like it but the only map I've played on it after 7 or so games is haven, because it always gets picked. They should add magnum as a secondary though, and add Dmr or br legendary slayer variants as well.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
This one is a bit too classic, even for me. Even Halo 1 gave you a secondary weapon. In this mode if you didn't get the chance to pick up something else and you have to reload in a fight, you've essentially lost. I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 again lately as well, and believe me, if slayer BR's is an option it does not get veto'd. Most of the community realized long ago that spawning with precision weapons was a rather good thing.

Yet, I continue to notice people complaining that BR spawns ruin Slayer Pro-_-, the internet is neither intelligent nor ration(much less united).

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Yet, I continue to notice people complaining that BR spawns ruin Slayer Pro-_-, the internet is neither intelligent nor ration(much less united).
I have literally never heard this from anyone, anywhere. BR starts is pretty well accepted as a standard for anything competitive or classic. And not having a secondary has never been a thing, especially without a precision weapon.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
This is kind of ridiculous. Half of the gameplay is spamming the AR, the other half is team spamming the AR, and a small amount is decent play with a BR until you get swarmed by people with ARs.

Although it is fun for a little bit.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
PandaMan

Swap the ARs and BRs in your sentence for each other and it still makes sense. What makes play with the BR "decent" and AR "spam"?

I have literally never heard this from anyone, anywhere. BR starts is pretty well accepted as a standard for anything competitive or classic. And not having a secondary has never been a thing, especially without a precision weapon.

While I've never heard the comment you responded to either, I definitely object to BR starts in competitive games (LR is superior IMO because less spread / recoil, scope + unscope combos) although I have no idea what it would do to BTB, which is what I assume you play a majority of the time since you seem to forge those kinds of maps.

As for that last bit, what about Halo 3? Not saying that it was enjoyable at all, but.. it was there :(

My opinion on Legendary Slayer - it has potential. But it needs some changes.

Weapons: Rockets should be 4 or 2 shots now that it's harder to engage a rocket player outside of their effective range, not 6 shots. Snipers should be 4 or 8 bullets for the same reason (btw why is the Sniper Rifle spawning at Beach on Abandon????? makes no sense with AR starts, it is really difficult to challenge a sniper at beach with mostly ARs, especially with 12 bullets and no descope). Spartan Lasers on Adrift should be replaced with snipers or something else imo, those were probably a mistake. Concussion Rifle under mohawk on Haven was nice, that weapon requires a lot of skill to use (it emphasizes direct hits a lot) and the low/open positioning of the conc forced movement away from its spawn. The concussion rifle on Solace was also placed well - I'd like to see it on more maps in the future.

Primaries: Done pretty well, although the positioning of the BR on Shutout at BR3 was silly IMO given that players like to sit up there with the BR. A magnum there and a BR below would have been nice. I like the decision not to include DMR/LR. I still really wish that the magnum was made 4sk with a slower rof and no bloom / less aim assist, though.. it would be perfect as a starting utility weapon.

Maps: Solace is meh, although an improvement over the default variant (no tower battles / standoffs). Adrift is even more meh (camping at lift areas). Landfall is too big for 4v4 and needs the back building area with the lift/dropdown cut off or some kind of reduction in size - it's already been tested quite a bit.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Generally br play is more precise than holding down the trigger with the ar
If you miss a shot with a br you die, miss a coupke rounds with an ar, you still have a chance
There is more variability with br shots than with the ar

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Generally br play is more precise than holding down the trigger with the ar
If you miss a shot with a br you die, miss a coupke rounds with an ar, you still have a chance
There is more variability with br shots than with the ar

Both have their advantages and disadvantages , and I suppose it comes down to who's better skilled with the BR.Though I understand his reasoning , the AR forces you to go into close quarters to fight the BR would allow for mid-long range battles. BR's would be effective for taking out rockets and snipers at a distance but for over all gameplay I can see why they choose the AR.

This next part comes down to personal preference. Close quarters forces teams to move in to get the kills where as the BR's allow teams to fall back and like I said at the start both of these have pros and cons.