Gaming League of Legends Discussion

Discuss League of Legends! If you don't have it, LoL is a fantastic free game, and is currently the biggest game in the world. It's a MOBA game, where you're one of many "heroes", fighting among minion waves. It's like a cross between an RPG and a tower defense game, and its a lot of fun.

Your site is addicting enough. I don't need to play a great game like that just so I can waste even more of my life.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Yeeeeaaaap. Mmmhmm. Okay, so, I played a heck-ton of games this morning, and I think it's safe to say I love this game. Well, as well as you can in one morning. I tried it a while ago and gave up after one game, but after trying out every F2P champion, I'm having much more fun. It's like every champion you play with is an entirely new game. Love it!

Anyway, since most people I know who play LoL do so in North America, I've gone and made an account based in that region (even though I'm in Europe) The connection doesn't seem bad at all, considering, and it's been a real blast! Consider me a LoL player now! ;)

Summoner Name: Wrought Iron (It's an alias I use alternatively to "Tedium")

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Yeeeeaaaap. Mmmhmm. Okay, so, I played a heck-ton of games this morning, and I think it's safe to say I love this game. Well, as well as you can in one morning. I tried it a while ago and gave up after one game, but after trying out every F2P champion, I'm having much more fun. It's like every champion you play with is an entirely new game. Love it!

Anyway, since most people I know who play LoL do so in North America, I've gone and made an account based in that region (even though I'm in Europe) The connection doesn't seem bad at all, considering, and it's been a real blast! Consider me a LoL player now! ;)

Summoner Name: Wrought Iron (It's an alias I use alternatively to "Tedium")
Add me: "Insane54" and we'll play :D

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
Add me: "Insane54" and we'll play :D
Same
IGN: Captainamorgan

I have 3 years Exp with LoL and even more with it's predecessors Dota and AoS.

I got Insane into LoL a while back.

Mobas are the future of gaming man, teamwork and wombo combos and stuff!!!
I should start a "newbie help" stream... Needs more computing power....

@Tedium I helped all my buddies pick their characters, maybe if you give me an idea of what stuff you want to do and like doing in the game I can give you some tips.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
@Tedium I helped all my buddies pick their characters, maybe if you give me an idea of what stuff you want to do and like doing in the game I can give you some tips.

I haven't played this in a while actually, since my first match against players (had been up against AI up until then) went very badly. I know I've got no reason to let it get to me, but having so many people get pissed off at me for doing something apparently wrong made me feel like the whole thing was based around a community of rigid beliefs in how the game should be played :( If you've got the patience, it'd be great if you could help me out! I mean, I'm sure it's not as rigid as it seems to me right now (since, hell, y'all gotta be playing it for some reason) but I'd just like to get good enough so that I'm not making people angry just by playing...

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
Here's the thing man, LoL is known to have a "bad" community, this is caused mostly by the competitive and strategic nature of the game.

I have taught so many people how to moba that it's honestly no big deal to play for fun for me. I only care about winning when I go into ranked (and I find myself doing that less and less because HALO 4).
In Moba games people are constantly striving for "the perfect strategy" and if you don't do things that fall within that, then you are immediately "trolling". This is nothing to worry about, because I just mute those people and play my game. People can be real hardasses about stupid stuff, but everyone has to start somewhere.

I wouldn't step into PvP until level 15 or I have a real good grasp on how things work.

Right now you don't fully understand how the game works, so you're doing things that people would call trolling. Once you get the game, then it's easy as anything to do things "right". It's a team based game, when you're around your team and doing everything that your champ is good at, then you're doing the best you can. I cannot get on today, but Sat night/Sunday maybe we can get a few games in with Insane. It's one of the most gratifying game experiences I have ever had, once you have 5 guys to play with, there really isn't anything like pulling off some sweet plays. There are so many creative things you can do to and with others.

Sorry the community is a bunch of deuches... lol. I mute people all the time at the first sign of complaining.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Sunday pre-superbowl would be best. Since I live in England, Saturday night would be way to late for me (5-7 hours ahead of America)

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
LoL is pretty fun when I play it, but I'm a pretty bad player. I play because I like the game, but never do with friends because they get pissed when I suck.

If yall want to play I think my summoner name is Krootalus, but it might be Krootalus13