Gaming League of Legends Discussion

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Discuss League of Legends! If you don't have it, LoL is a fantastic free game, and is currently the biggest game in the world. It's a MOBA game, where you're one of many "heroes", fighting among minion waves. It's like a cross between an RPG and a tower defense game, and its a lot of fun. You can get it at leagueoflegends.com.

For those who do play: what do you think about the changes in Season 3? How about dat new meta?

Also, drop your LoL tag in your post so we can add each other. I will try to keep the list updated on this post. Mine is "Insane54".

HaloCustoms League of Legends Players
  • Insane54
  • Tedium

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
My friends strongly recommended League of Legends to me, and I've tried to get into it every now and then. The thing is, I just don't get it. Maybe you need to be into it for it to be fun, but it just doesn't grab me.

I mean, I want to like it, but... maybe it's not working because I've spent so long on Newgrounds that all games like that feel the same.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Yeah, I dunno. It takes a little bit to truly understand, and since there's nearly 110 champions, each with 5 abilities and unique possibilities and playstyles, it takes a while to really get a handle on. Once you've got it, though, it's a whole lot of fun, probably the best free game I've ever played.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Even better than Runescape? I'm not saying it's good now, but back in 2003 I was totally hooked on that shit. Like, wake up at 5:00am just to mine some copper, hooked.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Lol, yes definitely better than Runescape. Some argue Dota2 is better/takes more skill, but I've personally found LoL to be easier to get a handle on. There's some pretty hilarious stuff you can do that's not unskilled at all, its just freakin awesome... for example:

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
That seems... cool. I guess I'd have to play it more.

Any suggestions for early champions?

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Personally I find supports a good way to start, because it doesn't really matter if you mess up. You just have to float around and harass the enemy or heal your carry. I guess its kind of boring, but it doesn't take long until you catch what's going on, and by then its pretty easy to be a carry (they all do basically the same kind of thing, its just a matter of learning what to do and when)

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Usually you have a 'support' guy just helping out a 'carry', who is the kind of champion who generally starts out pretty weak and ends up "carrying" the game and getting a baziliion kills at the end of the game (hence, carry). All the choices have different things they can do, from what I understand usually the carries are the ones who scale well with items (so you're getting gold by killing or farming minion waves, and then you're buying increasingly good items that make you stronger and stronger).

whackedsubset3

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
i love LoL my friend introduced me to it awhile ago and at first i was skeptical about its greatness but now i play it frequently, im level 11 and still getting the hang of things but i stick to warwick or tryndamere and can do relatively well by late-mid game and late game :) are you on NA server?

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
i love LoL my friend introduced me to it awhile ago and at first i was skeptical about its greatness but now i play it frequently, im level 11 and still getting the hang of things but i stick to warwick or tryndamere and can do relatively well by late-mid game and late game :) are you on NA server?
Awesome! Trynd is a little underpowered right now, actually, but if you're doing well with him, props! Yes I am on the NA server!

Jan 9, 2013
Texas
Hmmm... a LoL section of the forums. LoL is cool but sadly my pc is kinda slow. :( Like 22 fps on LoL most of the time but I have taken some interest in that Lord of the Rings MOBA on XBLA. It's not too bad although host migration is a pain. If you havn't looked into it yet it's called "Guardians of Middle Earth".

whackedsubset3

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
Hmmm... a LoL section of the forums. LoL is cool but sadly my pc is kinda slow. :( Like 22 fps on LoL most of the time but I have taken some interest in that Lord of the Rings MOBA on XBLA. It's not too bad although host migration is a pain. If you havn't looked into it yet it's called "Guardians of Middle Earth".
22 fps? isnt more better? i play on an average of 10 fps? i just got a new pc and i am going to upgrade the ram in the next 2 months or so, im now playing better graphics than my old laptop but at the same rate with a cpu of 1.50 ghz and 894 mb ram ??? sooo confused o_O

Jan 9, 2013
Texas
Well, 10 fps is pretty bad. Another reason why I don't play League very often is simply because I have been a Console gamer pretty much my whole life. It's so hard for me to get used to pc games. :(

whackedsubset3

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
whatt?? the best computer ive played on had 1 gb ram and about 1.50 ghz processor. im applying for a job at the supermarket down the road soon but computers etc are really expensive here, eg standard laptop $1,500 nzd, $1259.55 usd is that similar to you guys? and tv's are like $500 nzd , $419.85 usd for a 28" ? again similar or nah?

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Damn, that's expensive. I've heard that tech prices are really high around there before though :(

My computer is an HP dv6t 15.9": 2.5Ghz i5, 6GB RAM, dedicated Nvidia 650M GPU with 2GB of its own memory. I got it for $780 USD